Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thankful for Healing and Weekends

So this week has surely been one of sickness! It was a long week in many aspects but I've tried to soak up the time of being still and relaxing. I truly believe sometime God puts us in these seasons so we can rely on him and just rest. Life is so busy and this would have been an extremely busy week and maybe God knew we couldn't handle it. 
So thankfully though on Friday Lindsay was able to go back to school and Austin was off. Colby was still pretty puny so he stayed with Austin while I brought Lindsay to school. It felt really good just to get out the house and do something "normal". I think Lindsay was happy to return as well. After I dropped her off I even met my friend Ashley for a quick coffee break! I just needed some social time after being cooped in all week. We had a nice visit then I ran a couple errands before coming home and getting the boys. Colby was still acting a little sickly while we were out but we figured the fresh air would do him some good. We had to do some shopping at Target and then we took him to lunch. Thankfully by that afternoon he seemed to be back to normal! 
Austin and he picked Lindsay up from school and the kids had a nice time playing outside. We cooked tacos for dinner. It was nice having a family dinner and then having our family movie night. I was sad our kids missed out on the ValenGras but there was no way Colby should have been up there since he wasn't puke free for 24 hours. Plus we felt they needed their rest and one more night to really re-coup.
Saturday was the first day we were all 4 home and well enough to feel like doing something! Although I have to say it was nice to sleep in and not have anywhere to be early that morning. We had a busy day planned later though. Lindsay had a b-day party at the Children's museum...we figured since Austin was off he and Colby could go have a man day. They ended up going to the WW2 museum. The party was a lot of fun! Lindsay had a blast seeing and playing with her little school friends! I enjoyed visiting with the grownups. it was a pretty low key party I felt like. I really enjoyed our time. From what I hear the boys had a nice time and they met us back at the museum for like the last 30 min of the party. Afterwards we were pretty anxious to get home and relax for a little while. We had dinner plans that evening with my family. That night we had a great time celebrating Randall. It was a yummy dinner as always and the company was great. We didn't get home until almost 9! Its kinda nice though now at 8 and 5 that we can now stay out later at these events. 
Sunday it was great to have us all home again. We were attending 2nd service that day so we were able to sleep in again which was wonderful. After the sickness in our house I felt like all our energy level was down. Or maybe it was just the missed nights of sleep while they were sick? So we went to 2nd service. Colby went to his class and Lindsay stayed with us in service. She really isn't fond of going to class when I am not her teacher. We stayed after for the Love Lunch for the Joy Ministry b/c the cub scouts were invited back to serve again. We had a nice time. The only boys that were able to attend was Colby, Nijel, and Makyrin. I am so thankful though for these boys and their families and for our church. It was a great experience. After the lunch we came home to rest and get prepped for the week. Colby had been invited to hang out with his buddies but between make up work from missing school and just us needing to get stuff done we decided to just make him come home. 
It was a great weekend and I am thankful we were all feeling better so we could really enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment