Monday, January 30, 2017

Big Kids

So this weekend has been beautiful! Friday when I picked the kids up from school they were just in the best moods. We had a great afternoon and they played outside. Austin even got home early enough to eat dinner with us. We all went outside for awhile after dinner and just let the kids play. That night we did our usual Friday movie night and watched Peter Pan. The kids were just so sweet and got along great with each other.
Saturday it was another day we didn't have plans. I am so thankful that we get these days. This is why I so hesitate to sign them up for a lot of extracurricular classes. Not only do we enjoy the sleeping in and lazy Saturday I just enjoy having my kids here with me. Since they are gone all week I really treasure the weekends. Since we had no plans we decided to go to the park. Again one of my favorite things! I will be so sad when they outgrow this! I love to just let them run and use their imaginations! We were the only ones at the park but they played so sweetly together which was so nice to see. After the park I took them to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. It seems we do this a lot but its easy and everyone likes it! We then came home and rested and just hung out. Again they played great all afternoon. 
Sunday was a great day too. Austin had to work unfortunately but the kids and I still had a good morning at church. I taught in the preschool. We had 9 preschoolers which doesn't sound like a lot but 4 of the 9 cried off/on so it was a little more hectic. I was happy Lindsay's best friend Brielle was there though. I only have about 3 older ones now on average and the rest are 2 and 3. I worry she gets bored and doesn't feel challenged. I am thankful though that she had a friend and still had a good time. After church we picked up lunch and just came home to rest/hang out. We didn't do much but we did get in some quality time with my parents and Austin came home early and we spent a few hours outside which was nice too! 
It was a great weekend...nothing too exciting to report but I am thankful for the sweet, slow paced weekends. I know February things will pick up and get busy again so for now I will enjoy the peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment