Tuesday, January 17, 2017

MLK Weekend

It felt fabulous to know we had a long weekend after going back to school this past week. Its always a little bit hard getting back into the groove after the long Christmas break. 
Friday though was a bit rocky. The kids were in terrible moods when I picked them up which also put me in a terrible mood. Austin started work at a new hotel and we didn't hear from him all day. Then that night he had a long phone call with his family that I felt took away from our time together with the kids. I dunno it was just a rough start. I think we were honestly all tired and worn out and emotional.
Luckily Saturday went much better! The kids and I began the day with a trip to a park with my parents. We went to this park out by the lakefront. It was nice to have my parents along with us. they haven't been on an adventure with us in quite sometime. The kids played about 2 hours. It was nice to just watch them run and play. Park Saturdays are honestly my favorite! After we went to lunch at McAlister's. That was our weekly thing when we used to all go to church in Metairie. It was fun to re-live that! That afternoon we just hung out. I cooked that night and we just had a nice night in. 
Sunday we had church. It was nice to have Austin here with us. I had to work in the preschool though. He did stay and help me though. I love that we can serve together. We had like 12 kids so it was quite a busy morning. I didn't slow a bit! I was happy though Lindsay's best friend Genevieve was there. She is definitely one of the oldest in the class now and I sometimes feel bad for her when its all "babies".  So after church we had to go grocery shopping. Something I never enjoy doing but its also better to get it over with then have it looming over our heads on a holiday! Also I hated to make Austin go that afternoon after he had such a busy day! He got home around 1 and we were able to all rest a bit then we spent the afternoon outside finishing up the playground! I was so glad to have it completed! and the kids love it!! They even played outside that night after dinner! We grilled hamburgers for dinner that night which was super yum! 
Monday...ahh it was so nice to have a family day! I know we just got past Christmas vacation but it was lovely to have us all home again! We were able to sleep in a bit. That morning the kids chose to go to City Park. They were really counting on playing putt-putt and we figured that would be a great option but after getting there we learned they were closed for a birthday party! Bummer! Instead we walked over to Storyland and the Botanical Gardens. The kids had fun but I don't know if they are getting too big for Storyland or it was because it was sort of busy but they were both whiney and needy. We only lasted in there about 30 min. We then walked over to the Botanical Gardens. It was nice and peaceful. It was a little sad though b/c a lot of the plants were dead or dormant b/c of the cold weather. Its still a pretty area though. After we spent about 30 min in there we went to eat at Zoey's Kitchen. Again a nice time just being together. That afternoon we hung out here. Austin had some outdoor projects to do and the kids played. It was nice just having everyone in 1 place. We had roast that night for dinner and tried to get everyone to bed early! 
It was great having a long weekend to help us get re-adjusted into life now after the long break! This week will be busy as we head full speed into our spring activities though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment