Sunday, January 15, 2017

Back 2 School!

So we finally started back this week after a 2 1/2 week long vacation. The break was so nice and much needed. I hated to see it end but getting back to routines is also nice in a way. Monday Austin was off so in a way it still felt like vacation mode to us. I got the kids to school and did my usual grocery shopping. I then came home and we both ran errands together then went to get a hamburger out together. It was nice having that alone time again. That afternoon he worked on the play set. That evening we had a big dinner of pork chops, roasted cauliflower, mashed potatoes, and salad! It was delicious! I enjoy our big meals when Austin is home! 
Tuesday was more of a routine day. I had a meeting at PJs though to talk about the spring semester of Bible study. It was nice catching up with Paula and Ashley. I had really missed my friend time since having the kids home! That afternoon I just hung out. We stayed in that evening and had spaghetti for dinner. We were all just trying to get back into life and routines. Austin did get home early which was super! 
Wednesday was a free day for me! I had to go to Target but I was back home by 9:30! It felt glorious to know I had the whole day around the house. I ended up taking Allie for a long walk. I wish I had time to do that every day b/c it felt so good. The rest of the day I just caught up on little projects around here. My parents picked the kids up at school so I didn't even have to get out for that. We had gumbo and chicken wings for dinner that evening. 
Thursday was my really busy day. It began with Colby having Awards Day. I was so proud of him for getting Beta honor roll this quarter. He usually receives honor roll once a year. We don't really stress out about it nor stress grades and such to him. I am just as proud of a C. I just always tell him to do his best. Ofcourse he loves receiving the award though b/c he's had to sit there at times and not get anything. I always remind him how good it felt to get something. He also received the Independent Reader award! I was so proud of that too! His reading has really taken off lately. He's doing so well! 3rd grade I have really seen him just take off and soar. He's always struggled a bit and had to work really hard but this year its just clicked and he's been doing wonderfully. I don't know if its the age or the teacher. She has a different teaching style then previous teachers so I am not sure. Probably a combo of both. I've always heard that by 3rd grade the playing field evens out and it doesn't matter how kids did when they were younger. So we shall see! I pray it continues. After the ceremony I had music class. It was great to get back! I really missed the kids and the teachers as well! It was fun being back! I was a little tired that afternoon though. Thursdays are such short days since by the time I get home its after 12. That night we also had Cubscouts. It was also great to get back to that activity but again it made for quite a busy day. They are working on building bird houses though so that was fun! 
Friday I had another free day. I met my friends Cindy and Tayna for coffee at PJs. We were gone almost all morning but it was so good to catch up with them and get some girl time in. I came home and just tried to be productive around the house the rest of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment