Friday, January 27, 2017

That Busy Life

So I truly feel like life never slows much for me! January I guess is a semi-slower month but I feel as the kids get older the busier it feels like we stay. 
So Mondays are usually my grocery day and other errands and housework. Usually Austin is also off on Mondays so we also try to go to lunch or do something together. 
Sunday night though I got a call about 9pm asking if I could sub the 3 year old class on Monday. I knew I really didn't have a good reason not to. Plus I feel like I can't help out as much as I would like to. I haven't really subbed since the first part of the school year. It through my day off a bit but I did enjoy it. Its a sweet little class. They have 10 kids. It was a lot of work but I enjoyed myself. They were studying community helpers so I brought a book and we went over that in circle time. The rest of the morning they pretty much played. I was sure worn out when I got home. Also while there they offered me (again) the 3 year old job starting next year. I turned it down b/c I am so busy now I cannot imagine working 5 days a week. Its a job I could see myself in in the future as the kids get older and need me less. For now though I want to be available to them. Plus I am so busy with church and other things. I rarely actually "stay home". I was honored though that I was asked first. I didn't get home until about 1...which is the other problem with doing that every day. I have no idea when I would run errands or do my normal house stuff. Getting in at 1 I was starving and tired. Needless to say I didn't do much else! 
Tuesday we started back to bible study. Although the last 2 weeks I have been involved in coffee and tea for this it was good to get back into the Word and fellowship with other ladies. I think it will be a great semester. Luckily I was home about 11 though so I have had time to catch up around here a bit. That evening we were all able to have a at home night which was nice too.
Wednesday is usually my come home day. i had to stop at the store on my way home but it was so nice coming home and having all day. I am feeling pretty tired this week. I guess the starting the week out subbing and the waking up early. So I have been thankful for this day to slow down and be home. We have church tonight though so that'll make up for the slowness. I do like going better though after I have had a day to rest up for it. Church went well. We of course went to eat dinner. I always appreciate not having to cook on these nights. I only had 3 kids which honestly I think I needed. I mean I missed the others and sad that more didn't show up but it was the break I needed. I had Lindsay, Genevieve, and Jackson. They were all really well behaved. We did our story and everything still though. I got a little worried about Colby though when we got to church and through dinner he started coughing a lot. He kept saying he felt ok though. I knew he just didn't want to leave. I let the upstairs teachers know what was going on and they said they would look out for him. He made it the whole night and I think got a good nights sleep.
Well Thursdays are of course busy for me since I teach music classes on those days. With the Wednesday night and Thursday morning busy I am always wiped out by Thursday afternoons. This day was no exception. Plus we had scouts that night. Luckily it was just a PACK meeting so we just mostly listened to presentations. I am so proud of our boys and continue to be thankful for this little group! Music also went well...I felt the 3 year olds did awesome this week I had a harder time actually getting the 4s and 5s into the groove. 
Friday...well Fridays are usually my coffee days but I figured I would skip that this week. I had made plans to just come home but then thought about going to work up at the church and spruce up the preschool areas. Well I woke up with a sore throat so I scratched that idea. I honestly really needed the day home. Its been a full week and even though I was home most of Wednesday I just still feel so behind on things! I am looking forward to another slow weekend though. I don't know that we will stay home all day tomorrow...I think we will actually go to a park atleast for a little while then come home to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment