Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekending

Well here we are at the end of another weekend. This one there's not much to write about b/c we honestly haven't done much. The weekend did have an exciting start though so I'll start there. 
So Friday we brought Colby's friend Nijel home from school. His little sister had a girl scouts meeting. It works out well for him to come home with us. The kids had a blast playing. Well on Friday there was some drama in our city that led to the main bridge being shut down and traffic was a mess. Normally his mom would pick him up about 5 or 5:30. Needless to say with the traffic issues his mom had trouble getting here. So I fed them dinner. I was glad I had made red beans and rice. So after dinner I told the kids to go play outside and if by 7 his mom still wasn't here I would put on a movie. Well by 7 she wasn't here. We started watching Toy Story 2. He got picked up around 8:30 and Austin got home around 8:40. It was a long day for everyone. Needless to say bedtime was a very welcome sight that night! 
Saturday we woke up hearing that there had been a bad tornado in Hattiesburg. So between that and the drama from the day before I was pretty much set on staying home. We rarely ever stay home but I feel sometime its needed. I had a very busy week and wasn't home much at all and felt very behind on normal household chores. I also felt like since Christmas we have had a very busy schedule. So we stayed home. Honestly it went really well. The kids kept busy playing with their toys and only had a few squabbles. We got out that morning and took a walk and the weather was gorgeous! I also did get out to pick them up lunch. Other then that we were just here. 
Sunday has been a great day! We were glad to have Austin off and home with us. I was also able to sit in church. This weekend has truly felt like a relaxing. After church we went out to lunch at TX Roadhouse. The rest of the day we spent home. Like I say I feel we really needed this weekend to re-coup and re-focus for the upcoming week without feeling burnt out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment