Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas Break Part 3

So we are now on the tail end of our Christmas break! Its really hard to believe. Well since Colby spent Sunday evening with my parents it was just Lindsay and I that morning. She actually also had a special day planned. Randall and Lizzie wanted to take her out for her b-day. I dropped her off on the way to the grocery. It was honestly nice to have a couple hours to myself. I love my kids and this break has been awesome but I did realize that I was missing my me time a bit. It was much easier getting my shopping done. I got home and was able to put it all away and eat my lunch. Around 1 Lindsay got home. From what I understand she had a blast. She and Lizzie went to get her nails done then they went shopping at Hobby Lobby before going to get Randall and going to lunch at Panera Bread. I think she had a blast! I was so grateful they were able to do this with her. I want them to know our kids well. After lunch they brought her home. Around 2 Lindsay's friend Layla came by. It was a nice visit with her and her mom. I am so thankful we are still able to stay in touch even though the girls are at different schools this year. During their visit Colby also got home. I was honestly glad to have my little chicks home! Even though the break was nice it was nice also knowing everyone was back home. That night Austin got home and we had tacos for dinner.
So Tuesday Austin was off. It was great to have him home and it just be the 4 of us. I feel like this Christmas season we have mostly spent doing stuff with extended family. Not that that isn't great but sometimes its just nice to have the 4 of us. We had a low key morning. Later that morning their little friend Ella came over. She has been asking since the fall when she could have a playdate over here. I really enjoy having her too b/c she plays well with both the kids. I never hear any squabbling either...she's just so easy to please. She got here at 10 and I told them we would go to the park. We ended up staying there about an hour and a half. The weather was just so nice and they were having the best time! I am thankful for the 3 park trips we made with friends this season. That is still my favorite thing to do with the kids. I love a good park trip! I just love that they can play outside and not be watching tv or sitting inside. So after the park we came home and I started making them lunch. They played and played. After lunch they went outside and played about an hour before it was time for Ella to go home. The rest of the afternoon we hung out and worked on their playground. Its been a slow process...but between being so busy and the weather its slow go! Its ok though I love that we have done the work so far as a family! 
So as I posted earlier Wednesday-Friday were busy with our "camping".
So Friday we got home that morning though. It was cold and rainy. We did have to get out though so we went on to eat lunch. It was nice having lunch the 4 of us. We then brought Lindsay to my parent's house to spend the night. She had to have her turn! After we picked Allie up then came home. It was a nice day just to chill at home. We had a fire and mostly just relaxed! 
Saturday ...our last free day and time to sleep in. Once we got out Colby and I went to pick up Lindsay! Again it was quite cold out. It was a beautiful day though! We went to the Educator and to the post office and library. I think they enjoyed picking out books at the library. It was nice to have a simple day with them. Our last treat was lunch out at Chickfila. I think we all 3 enjoyed that! The afternoon we just really hung out. I've surely enjoyed the lazy days! 
Sunday Austin was off. I was off from teaching again so it was great to go into church as a couple. I feel like that happens so rarely. It was a beautiful service with the Lord's Supper. After church we went to eat Mexican. We came home to rest then we spent the whole afternoon outside working on the kids play set! It was a great way to end Christmas break! 
I am thankful the kids had a extended break this year! I feel like we got to do so much! Between just errands and eating out, park trips, going to Hattiesburg, having Austin's mom here, movies, spending the night with my parents, holiday events, and the zoo! It was just a great time! It will be hard to get back into routines but it will also be good! I do somewhat look forward to having some alone time again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment