Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Years Eve and New Years Day

Well this year New Years Eve was very low key for us. Austin was working and the weather was quite rainy and yucky. The kids and I did need to get out for a couple errands though. We went to Petsmart and then the grocery. It was nice to get out for an hour or so. I know had we not the kids would have been super crazy. The rest of the day was very low key for us. We just stayed in and rested. I am loving these low key afternoons. That night we had red beans and rice and chicken. Austin got home at a decent time so we were able to have a little quality time together. We let the kids stay up a tad later then normal. I laugh b/c so many of my friends have their kids up until midnight and I don't think ours would ever make it. Its not so much that we make them go to bed before midnight its just they really don't know any different and they are tired. So I don't force the issue. I think Lindsay was in bed by 8:30 and Colby by 9:30. Both fell asleep right away. The thing with NYE is that its usually not a big day for us b/c Austin is always working that day and the next. Plus this year it was raining. It was really just a normal day for us! 
New Years Day didn't much feel like a holiday either. Since austin was at work and we had church it really felt like most any other Sunday. We did have a slightly slower morning though since there was only 1 service at 10:30. It was nice b/c I got to sit in church service again. I enjoyed being in there with the kids. We sat near their besties Nijel and Mia so that was nice. After church the kids and I just picked up lunch and came home and hung out and rested. That afternoon Austin got in and we changed and headed to my parent's house. We had dinner that evening b/c of church and also b/c both Lizzie and Austin had to work. I was kinda glad it was at night b/c it gave us time to rest that afternoon. We had a nice dinner. It was just us, my parents, and Randall, and Lizzie. We as always had a fun time visiting and just watching football. We got in around 8 that night. Colby spent the night with my parents so we basically came in and got Lindsay ready for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment