Friday, January 19, 2018

Back to Reality

After about 2 1/2 weeks of having everyone home last Monday was back to reality for all of us. It was strange getting the kids off to school and not having to stay. I missed teaching, but it was also so nice to be alone! I dropped them off then went to the grocery. It was a rainy, cold, and gross day! I spent the rest of the day around the house trying to clean up from Christmas! I realized how much I had missed that peaceful time after a whirlwind fall and start to winter! Thankfully Colby's teacher eased us back into school by not giving too much homework. Last week we were able to take walks before dinner which was so nice! I cooked spaghetti that night. Austin had to fly to Atlanta for the day so once he got in he was able to eat and hang out a bit before everyone was off to bed! 
Tuesday the kids of course went to school and I had a coffee date with my friend Brittany. She is the one who lost her baby in November. I have to admit I was a little nervous before going. I prayed that I would show grace and love towards her. Anyways it went really well and I think we both enjoyed the fellowship and bonding. Afterwards I was able to come home and have a pretty long day at home which was lovely. That night the kids and I basically did the same thing: do homework, walk, then have dinner. I made these baked chicken tacos that were super yummy! 
Wednesday I was able to come straight home after dropping the kids off. That always feels weird to me. I have been dropping them off right at 8 so I was back at home before 8:30. Anyway I had plans to get together with my friend Virginia. I prefer to do coffee/breakfast so that once I get home I do not have to get out. She wanted to meet for lunch though. I came home and got some things done around the house before leaving about 11 to go meet her. We had a nice lunch at Panera. I got home around 1. I mostly rested/hung out the rest of the afternoon. My parents brought the kids home so I was able to have a little more downtime. We didn't have church so I brought the kids to get dinner at Chickfila. We were able to walk again which was great. I am loving these low key nights! 
Thursday was a Super busy day for me! Although after a couple months of working full time...even my busiest of days don't seem too bad. So Thursday the kids had Awards Day. Both got awards again which was fun. Lindsay got Alpha Honor Roll. It will be interesting to see how she does in school. So far she's only 6 and she's received alpha more times than Colby. I never want to really compare them b/c they are 2 totally different kids, but its just interesting sometimes to see how different they really are. Colby got Alpha once in first grade and that was it. Right now though this kindergarten class the majority of them make Alpha Honor Roll. The whole class made it last quarter except one little boy and this time the entire class made it but 2 kids. So either its a really smart class or this is the norm? Anyway we are still super proud of her! So Colby got Beta Honor Roll which we were super proud. He usually makes it once or twice a year! He also got the Advanced Reading Award which was awesome b/c he's come SUCH a long way! Well after Awards I had to rush off to teach music. I am so thankful though I have a job that I can be there for my kids first. Anyway I was running late so I had to do a "shorter" schedule. This meant I had to skip the baby class. It was fun getting back and seeing the kids although I felt a little crazy in the first 2 classes. So much so I stuck like 4 kids in timeout! I know it'll just take time for them and me to get back into the groove. The older class did super though and I loved being back with them! We mostly sang some winter songs! Anyway I got home and it was my "short schedule day" where I get home eat lunch, rest, then basically go pick the kids up. We got in and did homework then Colby had Scouts that night. Its nice now that we are able to come home again before Scouts starts though. I think Colby enjoyed being around all his buddies. 
Friday I had another busy day. I had to sub at Aurora. I looked forward to being back there and honestly excited to "teach" again. I had the older 3 year old class along with their assistant. It was nice to have someone else there. She mostly took the lead and I helped. It was fun though. Very busy, but fun! It was really cold that morning so we mostly were inside. They played with toys a good bit of the morning, then we took a walk in the frigid temps, then came back inside for king cake, before going in the gym for awhile. We stayed there the majority of the morning. It was nice to sit and chat while the kids just ran and played. We went back to class and did circle time and I sang some "winter songs" with them. It was a fun morning! That afternoon I had short bit before having to go pick up my kids. Colby had piano so Lindsay and I came home and cleaned up the kitchen then picked him up. We had a low key evening around the house. I made gumbo and we had our movie night. It was a great week and I think we were all happy to return to our schedules! 


No comments:

Post a Comment