Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Years 2018

So this year New Years Eve fell on a Sunday which felt strange. We once again at church just had one service at 10:30. Its been nice to slow down a bit in this season and not have as many commitments. Church was nice and it was great to worship and also to see everyone. Again due to the slower season and less activities we also see less people. Anyway after church we went out to eat Mexican with my family. I have loved all the family time we have gotten in this season of life. That afternoon we hung out and watched the SAINTS game. That night we just had a low key family night. Austin cooked gumbo and we made pecan pies. We also did a few fireworks and he and I actually stayed up until midnight! 
New Years day it was FREEZING outside! We had our leisurely breakfast and I made potato salad for our lunch gathering with my family. We left about 11:30 to head over to my parent's house. The kids were of course excited. We also brought the drones so that the kids and Austin could fly them out on the golf course. We had contemplated bringing bikes and such to go over to the park but it was TOO COLD! Lunch was nice and more family and visiting time is always great too. Well after lunch we went out to fly the drones. Well my brother flew Colby's and ended up losing it. We thought it went in a tree so we spent about an hour trying to figure out where it went. We even went as far as going down the street to ask some neighbors if we could search their yards. Well no luck but finally Austin had the idea to search the golf course one more time. Sure enough he walked right out there and found it! AMAZING! So now this is a fun memory and story we have to tell. I am also proud of how well Colby handled the situation. After that we had dessert and watched a little football before coming home. The rest of the day was pretty much just being lazy around the house. I am really trying to soak in these winter days. I mean I truly think God created January as a time to rest and reflect. I try not to wish the weather or anything away b/c I want to absorb it and enjoy it for what it is. 
This past year was a great one. I feel like it was an extremely busy one. Colby went from 3rd to 4th grade. Lindsay finished her first year at full day school and started kindergarten. They are both doing wonderfully in school and love their teachers. Austin got a new job towards the end of the year. I continued teaching music at Aurora and subbing occasionally. I also got the privilege of teaching kindergarten the last couple months of the year at Calvary. I got to be Lindsay's school teacher! Anyway that was a life adjustment for sure...going back to work! It was only through Jesus' strength and grace that we all made it! It was a challenge, but a sweet season that I will cherish. We are looking forward to all that 2018 holds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment