Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Nola Sneaux Week

So this past week was quite an usual one in NOLA. Well Tuesday the day was like normal and the kids went back to school. I was excited to begin back to Bible Study. Since I had been out since the fall I was anxious to return. My friend Brittany also came so it was great having her as well. We had a small turnout but it was still nice to fellowship and get to know the ladies. After Bible study I had to grocery shop. I didn't want to go on Monday when the kids were off but having to go after Bible study meant for a long morning. I got home and made myself lunch and rested before going back to get the kids. It was a VERY busy day! Well by that afternoon there was talk of snow/ice in the New Orleans area and we found out that school would be cancelled the next day. It was nice to spend the evening snuggled in the house knowing we wouldn't have to wake up early the next day. The snow started around 10 but wasn't sticking so we went on to bed that night. 
Wednesday we woke up to snow on the ground. It was less than an inch, but still the kids were super excited. They wanted to hurry up and eat their breakfast and bundle up and go out. Austin had picked them up donuts the night before so they had that and then dressed and went outside. I was still hanging out in my pjs so I didn't go out really with them. They stayed out about 45 min. They were having a blast! I think they finally got too cold though and came in. We just really took our time that morning. I cleaned up around the house and they also worked on some school work and we did "piano lessons." The nice part of them being out of school it gave us more time to focus on that. By lunch time though I knew we needed to get out. We dropped off some library books that were due that day and went and picked up lunch. That atleast help break up the day a bit. We came home and ate and relaxed. That afternoon we spent more time working on school stuff and they played outside some more. Church activities were also cancelled so it was nice once again to have time around the house. 
Thursday school was cancelled again. We once again devoted the morning to doing some stuff around here. Once again though I knew the kids needed to get out the house at some point. We got some school and piano done that morning though which was nice. We ended up meeting my parents at Chickfila though. It was fun getting to visit with someone and eat out. I think the kids enjoyed it too. We came home for another low key afternoon. Once again we did a little school then mostly prepped for the next day. We found out that Friday they would be going back to school HALLELUJAH!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment