Saturday, January 6, 2018

Christmas Break Part 2

So last week after having our Christmas in Hattiesburg it felt good to settle in and really be able to enjoy our break. With getting out so late and all the Christmas festivities I hadn't had much time alone with the kids. 
Wednesday Austin went back to work so it was just the kids and I again. We decided to go to the library that morning. It had been awhile since we had been and it was really too cold to do much else. We left there and went to Target for some things. After that we picked up soup for lunch. We ate a quick lunch then had to get back out the house b/c Lindsay had a 2:00 doctor appointment. This was just her 6 year old well visit. This is the first year we have had to do this over break. In the past attendance at school hasn't mattered for her so I would always just let her "skip" a day and take her. Anyway we were like the last appointment of the day so they weren't busy at all. We were in/out in under an hour. We also got to meet Dr. Vigour's new c0-doctor. We really liked her too. It was good to get to establish a relationship with her in case the kids are ever sick and we have to see her instead. Once we got home it felt good to just relax. This is something I had really looked forward to was slow afternoons around the house. 
Thursday I wanted to plan a fun day with the kids. We decided to go to the movies. Again the weather has been SO cold outdoor activities weren't really possible. I wanted to bring the kids to see the movie "The Star". I guess since it was after Christmas there was only one showing of this movie and it was at 9:45. We got dressed and got going and made it though! It was sweet just being out with them like that. The movie was really cute and sweet. After the movie I brought them to lunch at Chickfila...there we ran into Lindsay's old prek 3 teacher. After lunch I brought them to my parent's house to stay while I had coffee with friends. I actually met Lindsay's prek 4 and kinder teacher at Barnes and Noble. Its funny I saw 3 out of her 5 teachers she's had in her life! It was great fun visiting with friends. We laughed and talked and stayed for 2 hours! After that I rushed home to get the kids and we came on home. Soon it was dinner time and all that. We have been letting the kids stay up later though and play with Wii. 
Friday was another free day for us! I knew it would be cold but we decided to go to the park. My friend Melissa and her w sons met us there. We stayed about 2 hours. We had a lot of fun. It was nice hanging out with a friend like that. Afterwards we went on home for lunch. It was also our first afternoon to be at home which felt amazing! That's one of my favorite things is just a slow paced afternoon at home. The kids opted out of watching a movie and chose to play the Wii instead. 
Saturday it was nice to have Austin home with us again. It was a very busy day though. The nice thing was that we were able to take our time getting ready and have a slow morning and leisurely breakfast. Gosh I will miss these when the kids go back to school. Anyway once we were all dressed and ready Austin took the kids on some errands and I went grocery shopping! I am so ready for next week when I can get back to Monday morning grocery shopping and not going over the weekends. Once I got home I put everything away and then it was literally time to turn around and take Colby to his friend Zach's b-day party. The party was at Laser Tag. I was happy to be able to take Colby even though afternoon b-day parties aren't really my thing. It was nice to visit with some of the parents and to see my boy having fun. This Christmas break we weren't really able to do anything with friends so this was a nice change of pace for him. I hate that these days so many parents work or kids are so busy that we didn't get together with anyone but atleast he had a couple hours of guy time! The Laser Tag place really isn't my favorite either b/c its all centered around video games. I would much rather see boys running around outside but hey I didn't plan the party. Anyway it was fun and so that afternoon we just hung around the house. We got the rest of the Christmas decor down and just hung out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment