Saturday, February 17, 2018

Survival Mode and Mardi Gras Mambo

So last week was one of extreme busyness! Monday was our slowest day. The kids had school and I went grocery shopping. I was so relieved to be able to spend the rest of the day home alone. That night we hung out here and had tacos for dinner. It was nice to start the week on a slower note. 
Tuesday was the start to the busy. I had Bible study of course. As always that's a nice way to start the day. Afterwards I did come home and have a few hours to myself which was great. That afternoon Colby had art class. This meant I still had to pick up Lindsay though at 3:30. She and I went to the local library to do her homework and pass some time before heading back to get him at 4:45. I was happy he really seemed to love the art class. After art class we picked up dinner and came home to eat before starting on his homework. It was a very busy evening with all that. I am happy that they have some after school activities but my oh my I am gonna be a busy momma! 
Wednesday was ofcourse another busy day! I got the kids to school then went to my parent's house to bake cookies for Valentine's for them. It was early, but since they aren't actually in school on Valentine's and Lindsay had snack day that Thursday we did it early to celebrate. It was a good time visiting with my parents. I don't get to hang out with them often by myself. I left there a little before 11 though and got home to work around the house and rest. I have had this cough/cold for about a week and I knew it would be good to take it easy. That night we had church. I had a children's meeting. Austin got to come and attend that as well. Its always nice seeing friends and catching up on Wednesday nights too. 
Thursday was a SUPER busy day for me. Austin was off though and that really helped and changed things for me. So I had been toying with the idea of going to MUSES parade with some teacher friends that night. I had about backed out though on Wednesday though due to everything we had going on. So anyway Thursday I still had to work and teach music class. With being half sick and it being Mardi Gras/Valentine's season and knowing how much I had to do I really didn't much want to be there or feel too much on my game. Things went ok though, but I was sure happy to wrap that up. I came home and hung out with Austin for awhile. We rested knowing that we would both have a busy afternoon/evening. By 2:30 I was up busy and packing for our fun night ahead. Austin was able to leave around 2:45 to go get Colby which was a huge help and I left around 3:30 to head up there. I picked Lindsay and I up some chicken at Cane's then from there went to the school. Lindsay had art lessons so I went to hang out in her teacher's classroom. I just visited with her and her daughter and a few of the other teachers. Once she finished art at 4:30 I rushed to get her dressed and we all headed out. I ended up riding with Colby's teacher and her daughter over there. There was about 10 of us out there so it was a lot of fun. Lindsay just had a blast! I think she felt so big being out there. Mrs. G's daughter is 9 and Mrs. Schifflin's daughter is 13. She hung in there though like such a big girl. The parade was very crazy and crowded though. There were some intense moments. Not to where I didn't feel safe it was just very crowded and I basically had to hold on to Lindsay's shoulder the entire time. We left the parade by about 9 then got home about 10. It was such a fun night though. It was hard keying down though that night. I was so glad I went on and decided to go. 
Friday of course I was exhausted and so were the kids I think. But we were up and at em and off to school that morning. I was so glad we only had to get through that day before having an entire week off. I decided to treat myself to breakfast at Chickfila. It was so nice honestly to eat alone and take my time. I wanted to meet up with a friend, but I was still half sick so I felt it best that I rest. I ran a couple errands before coming home and enjoying the rest of the day from home. That afternoon I picked up the kids for what would be another busy evening though. Lindsay had a b-day party for one of her classmates that evening. Austin of course was working late with Mardi Gras stuff and my parents had dinner plans. Colby ended up spending the evening with Randall and Elizabeth. So we got home from school and shortly after Lindsay's little friend Mirabelle got dropped off. She was riding with us to the party. the girls were a little wild and I was honestly wishing for some quiet, but I tried to be thankful that 1) Lindsay has a sweet little friend and 2) that I could help a mom out. So we got ready and dropped Colby off with Randall and Elizabeth. From what I hear he had a great time. They actually went to a parade and then out to dinner. They had friends in town so he got to go hang out with all of them. I think he had a blast! We went to the bowling party. It was from 6-8. I think the kids had a good time, but Lindsay was definitely ready to go by 8. She had started getting clingy around 7:30ish. I knew she was just exhausted. It was good to see so many of my little kindergarten friends though and their moms. That night once again we were all to bed late. Colby didn't get in until about 9:30 and we let the kids watch some of the Olympic opening ceremony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment