Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Struggle is Real

So this week has been a week of getting back into routines...also it was the first week of ALL our spring activities! So Monday was a nice ease back into the crazy though b/c Austin was off and it was probably our quietest day. I had grocery shopping to do, but once I finished that he and I got out and ran some errands then had lunch out. I really miss our Mondays. Now with his new job he is mostly off on the weekends which I love too, but having him home during the week while the kids are at school just reminds me of our "just married" days. Anyway it was a sweet time. That afternoon he got the kids from school which is always helpful. We had a nice night in with steaks and potatoes for dinner. 
Tuesday it was the start of the busyness. Well first off I had Bible study. Its always nice though to get back to this. After bible study I was able to come home though which is nice. That afternoon Colby had art lessons so I picked Lindsay up and we went to the library to do homework before venturing back to pick him up. We got home after 5 and I still had to help him with homework and cook dinner. I felt very stressed. Not to mention Austin didn't get home until after 10 that night. It made for quite a crazy day. 
Wednesday was the slow down I needed. I was able to run an errand then come home. I really needed that day at home to accomplish some house stuff, but also relax. We had church that evening. It was a hard night getting home...I exploded at Lindsay and was just tired. We had a nice night at church its just after a crazy Tuesday and getting in late and tired, cranky kids I think we were all ready for bed. Lindsay has enjoyed having some school friends there on Wednesday night. Colby had his friend Zachary there which was nice after the week before of him not really having anyone to hang out with. 
Thursday was a super busy day too. I had music class. We also had a staff meeting so I had to be there early. I felt the classes went well. I came home for my short little 2 hour break before going to get the kids. That afternoon I found out that Colby didn't work on his homework like he should have during the school day so I ended up taking him in the kindergarten room while Lindsay was in art. We got about half of it done. Afterwards we went to my parent's house to finish up the homework and eat dinner. I was so relieved when he finally finished everything! We ate dinner then went on to Scouts that night. It was a good night all around. Even though these are exhausting days I love seeing the kids blossom and make new friends. We were so worried last year when we found out his 2 besties would be attending a different school. God has just worked it all out though and blessed him with 2 new friends and seeing them all together at Scouts makes my momma heart happy. 
Friday was a really low key day which I think we were all ready for. I ran a couple errands then came home. That afternoon Colby had piano. That night we watched Wonder as a family. It was a nice start to the weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment