Thursday, February 1, 2018

Back to Normalcy and Teaching

So this past week it felt good to re-gain some normalcy...although having a full week made for some tired peeps as we get used to the full schedule again. Monday it was back to routine and I must admit I was a little excited. That morning I had to grocery shop and then I had lunch plans with a friend. Well I got to the restaurant and waited and waited. I finally texted her to see what was up...well turned out they had an emergency at the preschool and she couldn't come. I felt a little flustered by all this. By the time I got home it was 1. I ate my lunch and then just worked on some stuff until it was time to go get the kids. That afternoon evening was just our normal homework and dinner. 
Tuesday was a BUSY day for me. I had been asked to sub at Calvary in the kindergarten class. Even though its as a full day it was nice knowing it was only the 1 day. It was a great day. I was happy to be back with all the kids. They were also super well behaved. I just did their usual school stuff with them. It was a little harder being "back" and trying to figure out where Mrs. Schifllin put everything again. I enjoyed it though...but man oh man was I exhausted! That night I felt like a truck hit me. I guess just having the month off I was out of practice from a full days worth of teaching like that. That night Austin had small group so the kids and I did left overs. 
Wednesday also ended up being a busy day for me! Well I didn't really have plans, but I wanted to go to the uniform store to check into buying a blue jacket that Lindsay had been asking for. The problem was they didn't open until 10. I didn't want to come home then have to get back out. Anyway I ended up picking up a friend and meeting for coffee. By the end though I was feeling awful. I woke up with a little headache but by the time I left my friend it was a full blown migraine! I had banana bread and coffee at Starbuck's that morning, but I guess all the sugar and lack of protein just left me feeling BLAH! I seriously thought I was getting sick. I still had to run 2 errands though. I even picked up a sausage biscuit b/c I thought my body needed more protein. I felt a little better but still not great. I ended up coming home and passing out on the couch. My mom called and somehow she and I got in this giant fight. Its been years since that's happened. I mean I think we both get agitated now and again, but she ended up telling me she was angry with me. Anyway the day was just kinda blue. I mostly laid around just trying to feel better. Luckily by the time the kids got home I felt better. We went on to church that night. It was good to be back! Going on Wednesday nights isn't always easy but my kids love it so! Colby had a bunch of friends there and so did Lindsay! It was great getting to see them have fun. I also love the kids as well. 
Thursday was back to normal thankfully. I taught music. I really enjoy that job. Its perfect getting to hang out with kids a couple times a week, but not full time. I mean I loved teaching but I do still love my time at home alone too. Its always nice after music that I do have a few hours to myself. Its not much but it helps me to get in a better mood to deal with my own kiddos when they get home from school. We also had Scouts that night. It was fun going there. Colby always has the best time. Lindsay was a little bored though b/c it seems like the little sisters aren't coming as much anymore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment