Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Father's Day Weekend

So as I posted before Friday night we treated ourselves by going out to dinner then letting the kids play at the park and driving around. Its not normal that we go out on Fridays. During the school year I am usually so wiped out and this was our first Friday that didn't involve VBS or swim lessons. Anyway it was a nice time! 
Saturday we went up to Aurora that morning for the kids to paint their cars and so Austin could help set up the track for Pinewood Derby. It was nice seeing friends that morning and I think the kids enjoyed themselves. Afterwards we came home so we could divide and conquer! Austin took the kids swimming at my parent's house and I went to the grocery store. We all got home later and had lunch together. We mostly relaxed and chilled that afternoon. We grilled pork chops and just enjoyed a family night together. 
Sunday was of course Father's Day. We went to first service as a family. It was a good morning at church. My friend Wendy's husband spoke and it was interesting and neat to hear that. He did a great job. The kids and I stuck around for a bit after the first service. Mostly to try and see the Schifflin's before they left for Colorado. We had donuts and tried to wait it out, but the kids were over it and ready to go. We stopped at Walmart for a couple things then came on home. Austin had to count. I hated he had to stay late on Father's day of all things. We ate a light lunch and just worked on straightening up around the house. That afternoon we mostly worked on getting our house ready for company. We volunteered to host Father's Day this year. We grilled steaks, had baked potatoes, salad, and a wonderful cake for dessert. It was just my parents and Elizabeth that came (Randall was already gone) on his motorcycle adventure. We had a good time though nonetheless. We even got to eat our dessert outside. 
I think we had a nice weekend. I am so thankful for the dad's and men in my life. I am thankful for Austin and all he does for our family. I love that he chooses us over other things. He also has such a servant heart. I am also of course thankful for my dad and all he taught me over the years. He's also an awesome granddad to my kids! I am just glad we could honor and celebrate our guys this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment