Saturday, June 9, 2018

VBS Prep

So this was our first full week of summer. It was busy, but most filled with VBS preparations. Tuesday we were up and out the house early. I brought the kids to my parents to spend the morning. I try to be careful about how much time they spend at the church/school. And especially since Lindsay had spent so much time the week before I wanted to give them a little break. They were able to swim and play and I was able to focus on VBS. So we started out the morning by meeting Tracey at PJs for coffee. We then went to the church and got a glimpse of our rooms and gathered ideas. We then went in the Worship Center to spend time helping Virginia decorate. Everyone wrapped up by 11:30. I was able to pick up the kids and head home for lunch. We had just a little time before it was time to head out the door for swim lessons. In a way its hard getting out at 2:30 every day, but it also keeps the afternoon moving and from being so long with tired/bored kids. They are both doing great in swim lessons and Lindsay moved to the deep end by day 2. Austin worked late that night so the kids and I had dinner and I let them stay up a tad bit later then normal.
Wednesday we were up and out early again. I had plans to run VBS errands then lunch with some friends. We dropped Colby off at my parents. I figured 1) he wouldn't want to join the "girls lunch" and 2) its easier to run a bunch of errands with just 1 kid. I think he was happy to get out of all that. Lindsay and I hit up the Educator, Dollar Tree, Walmart, and Party City in record time! I was so proud of my little trooper. We even had time to drop all the stuff off at the church before going to lunch. We met our friends Wendy and her daughter Emily, Karen and her daughter Cali, and then another lady Andrea and her son met us as well. It was fun catching up and just having some mom time. Lindsay of course had a blast with the big girls. I was happy to be able to see Wendy and Emily. Even though it had only been like a week of us being finished with school it was crazy not seeing them all the time and talking every day. After lunch we came home to get ready for swim lessons. The kids did really great again. That night it felt good to just stay in. There was no church so we enjoyed the off night! 
Thursday I thought it best to take a break from all the church helping. I really needed to grocery shop and I felt like the kids needed a break from being up there. It was a nice day spent at home. We were able to work around the house and they even did some school work. We did have swim lessons that afternoon though, but it was nice going to swim lessons and not being exhausted. 
Friday we were back to helping at the church. We got there a little after 9. We helped in our classroom about an hour then helped in the sanctuary about an hour. I hope we were atleast some help. That afternoon was swim lessons and then we did movie night that evening! 
Saturday we were back at helping at the church. I hated to spend our normal only real family day working, but I also know serving together as a family is a good thing too. So we were back at the church about 9. I helped in our room for awhile then we all went to the sanctuary. It was actually pretty fun though. There were some hilarious moments of adults trying to ride bikes on the VBS ramps. we all got some laughs and I think also helped in the process. We didn't leave there though until 12:30. We then ran errands and had lunch out. It was a long day, but it was still fun to spend as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment