Saturday, June 30, 2018

Summer Week 4

Gosh these weeks are just flying by!! Well Monday was free for the kids and I. I had told my friend Wendy though that we wanted to come by and see them before they left for Colorado. Since we didn't get to meet up with them at church I figured we could run by and give a quick hug before they left on Tuesday. I am so glad we did! We only stayed about 15 minutes but it was good visiting with her and Emily. We brought her coffee and cake too! Anyway after that we decided to go ahead and shop for school uniforms. I usually try to knock that out in June (usually after VBS) so it was nice to get that over with. Luckily we really didn't need much this year. Colby only needed a sweatshirt and Lindsay only needed skirts so it was a pretty easy trip. After that we stopped at Petsmart. We needed to get a few items plus the kids always enjoy looking around there. We then went to Barnes and Noble. We don't get there often so this is usually something we do in the summer. The kids had fun looking for a book. Gone are the days though where they play with the train table...that's a little sad. After that I promised them lunch at Panera. It was just a sweet, simple morning with them. We really haven't had many big outings yet this summer, but in many ways i think these are the most memorable. I just love spending time with them. We got home to a rainy afternoon and we just stayed in. And I must say how much I love the summer afternoons. We rest and watch tv and usually go outside and play. We have dinner then we take a walk. These really are the best days! 
Tuesday I had time scheduled with some of the Bible study ladies. I went and picked up my friend Tracey and she rode with me over to Cafe Amore. My parents watched the kids during this time. I am so thankful for their help during the summer. i know they enjoy it and the kids do too! Plus since I am usually with the kids 24/7 breaks like this with other adults is so nice. So we stayed at the coffee shop about 2 hours. I had a great time just visiting and hanging out. Afterwards I picked up the kids and we came home to relax and hang out. That night we had Pinewood Derby. This year it got moved to the summer. We therefore had a short afternoon. There wasn't nearly as many boys participating this year, but it was still a lot of fun. Colby's car came in 3rd place and Lindsay's got 2nd. I don't think their cars were quite as fast this year for some reason. It was still a nice night with them. They both miss friends so much during summer so it was great for them to just see and hang out with other littles. After we ate at Cane's before coming home. It was of course a late night, but during the summer we have been lax about bedtimes and plus they are sleeping in these days! 
Wednesday we had a pretty busy day. I volunteered to keep our pastor's 2 youngest children for a few hours. Ethan had an injury this summer and has had some doctors appointments and Ella was in Hattiesburg doing VBS at a church there. Anyway so we had Eli and Emma come over. Eli is 8 and Emma is 3. We had a good time. Colby and Eli played together wonderfully. I mean they are 2 grades apart in school and I don't think interact much there or even at church, but they have grown up together. Anyway Emma was really great and we don't know her as well. I was worried she would cry coming over here. She did super though, she was just super busy though! I forget how busy that age is! We all had a good time though. I mostly spent the morning following Emma or having Lindsay keep up with her. We did spend a little time outside, but its just SO hot! Once they left it was time to get my kiddos fed. We picked up Chickfila then came home to rest since we had church that night. Church was good, but for some reason I felt "off". They had pizza for dinner and for some reason I just wasn't super hungry and I was really hot. I attributed it mostly to PMS. Anyway as the night went on I just didn't feel great, but I really thought it was just female/hormone related. The kids had a great time at church. They did a "drive in" movie theme. It was cute...they turned boxes into cars. They also had popcorn and ice-cream. I know my 2 had a blast. Lindsay had Genevieve there and Colby had Zach. Well once we got home and the kids went to bed I decided I would follow suit. It was like 8:30...I just felt rotten. Well by like 9:30 I was up throwing up. I was sick most of the night. It was awful! Austin took the next day off work which I was super thankful for. I basically stayed in bed until about 8:30. I got up actually feeling slightly better. I thought and hoped I could move forward with my day. Well after stewing around for about an hour I felt weak and sick. I ended up getting on the couch and staying most of the rest of the day. I finally felt better late that afternoon and was able to eat dinner. I hated that to me it felt like a "wasted" summer day. Austin was great though and took the kids out. I also know that sometimes God calls us to just rest. I feel like this summer He has definitely helped us "rest". Knowing that the fall might be crazy. 
So Friday I woke up feeling like a new woman! It was great to feel back to normal. Well Austin was off that day and we had made plans to go to Hattiesburg. We took our time getting ready that morning and packing. The kids were super excited to be going somewhere. This summer we once again didn't plan a major trip. We are trying to plan a Disney trip of some kind next year. We had thought originally it would be before the end of this year so that is one reason we kinda skimped on the summer plans. Anyway needless to say I think we were all happy to be going out of town! 


No comments:

Post a Comment