Sunday, October 9, 2011

Big Brother Class and Muffins w/Mom

Since Austin has been working all weekend Colby and I had 2 special days together. I really treasure my time alone with him b/c I know in a couple months it will be harder for me and him to have little dates. I have been so blessed to have had so much time with him in the last 3 years. I will always treasure my days at home with just him and mommy! We love daddy days too but there's something sweet about a momma and her baby boy! He has always seemed very sensitive and sweet when its just him and I and the older he gets the more sweet he gets as he tries to take care of me!


Yesterday I had signed him up for Big Brother class at the hospital where Lindsay will be born. I was very excited about taking him to that. It was neat for him to get to see where mommy will be and where he will meet Lindsay for the first time but it was also special b/c it is the first place we met him! The class didn't turn out the way we expected but it was still worth it and I feel like it was a good experience for us both. Basically in a nutshell the teacher didn't show up and we were the only ones in the class but we got a 1 on 1 tour of the mother/baby unit then a private class in a postpartum room. The highlites of the day were: we were able to peek in the nursery and Colby could see newborn babies and he also saw where he will get to stand to get the first peek at baby Lindsay. She also showed us a triage room which is where I will go before and after the csection. I think the one she brought us in was the same one I was in with Colby. Talk about a flood of memories! We also walked down to the family waiting area where Colby will be waiting with my parents before Lindsay is born. I hope that walking around and seeing all these places will help him to be more comfortable and less apprehensive the day we go in. I still know that he will have some of those unsure feelings when he sees his mommy lying in a hospital bed but I hope we took away some fears.


The second part of the day we were brought to a postpartum room where Colby watched a Sibling video with tips and things to look forward to with having a new baby in the house. He also got to put a diaper on his teddy bear and feed it a bottle. He really liked the bottle part. He was so sweet the entire time too. Since there was confusion about the class we were there for 2 hours but he did soo great. He never fussed or acted out once. He stayed by my side and listened to all that was going on. I pray that all this will be an easy adjustment for him. I think he will be a great big brother. I know he will be very protective over his little sister as well. Anyway I am so glad we chose to do this together and he got to see and hang out at the hospital and see all the nice people that work there.


Today being Sunday it was church ofcourse. We had a special event Muffins with Mom/Donuts with Dad in the preschool/nursery area. I was sad that Austin wouldn't be there to enjoy it with us. It was hard being nursery director and mom though. I did get to spend about 15 minutes though with Colby in his class. He loved the donut holes! I think he ate almost 20! We had a really good response from parents and kids so I hope to do this atleast once a year! Colby did really well in Sunday and church from what I understand. After church we ate our usual lunch at McAlister's then came home to rest! It was a pretty busy weekend but a fun one! I really enjoyed my one on one time with Colby but missed Austin the same as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment