Friday, October 28, 2011

The Van

So Austin and I finally did it...we decided to get a van. It all happened so quick! We have been talking about it now for a few months. My car was approaching 10 years and we knew with 2 kids we needed a bigger vehicle. Austin fought the idea at first but once we talked about all the positives he started to see that it might not be a bad idea. Well once we were both on the bandwagon we decided it would be even better if we could get it BEFORE Lindsay arrived. So we went to look last Wednesday while Colby was in school. Our first stop Honda...we told them what we wanted they didn't have it on the lot but said they could order it. By the time we left we had bought a van. It came in the following Monday. We went to pick it up Monday. I love it! Its a 2012 Oddessey. It has leather interior, dvd player in the back, and all the bells and whistles. Its so comfie and I know it will be so nice when we travel! Colby loves it too. He loves the power doors!
We were so happy to get a good deal and to go ahead and get this off our checklist! I will miss my little Honda Accord though! I have been driving that car since early college, its seen me through USM days, dating Austin, hurricanes, moving into our first house, brought our first child home. It was a great car...we would have kept it if we had the space in our garage! But for now we are happy with our new van and hope it runs as well for the next 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment