Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Fun

We have had a fabulous weekend and start to the week. Austin has been off for 4 days which was so nice after he was gone all week! Saturday we planned mainly to stay around the house. I offered to keep Max, Colby's little school friend, so that his mom could do some shopping Saturday morning. It worked out well b/c we had planned to stay home but it would give colby something to do. He and Colby had a lot of fun. They ate a donut breakfast together and played cars and rode bikes outside. I enjoyed watching them play together. We even took a walk around the neighborhood. I have enjoyed seeing Colby develop this friendship and I am enjoying getting to know his mom even though we kinda grew up together. Since they live close by too I feel like we can hang out with them pretty often. After Max left Austin took Colby on some "man errands". Colby loves to go to Lowe's with his daddy. I was just fine staying at home although Colby told me that I was not riding with them I was staying at home. If only he knew I preferred that! I guess Lindsay and I will have to do "girl errands" when she comes and leave the 2 boys at home! It was nice having a low key day around the house. We grilled steaks that night and just enjoyed time as a family. The weather has been great too so we enjoyed lots of outdoor time!


Sunday was church day...Colby didn't seem quite himself that morning. He was still good but my mom told me during extended care he was very quiet I think his teachers were also worried about him and he still had a pretty bad cough. I think it turned out though he had to go potty he hates going to the potty in public but will pee but I think he had to poop and he was definitely not going to do that there! Poor baby I hate that he was probably uncomfortable. We came home and watched the Saints and relaxed then once again got outside and enjoyed the weather! I am loving this fall weather we are getting right now. Colby likes it too he has gotton to spend a lot more time outdoors then we did all summer !


Monday I know this isn't part of the weekend but since Austin was off Monday and Tuesday it felt like it to us! Colby had school ofcourse. We went to the hospital to preregister after dropping him off. I was glad to get that behind us! I can't believe the time is sneaking up on us though! We are at 9-10 weeks now! The paperwork was really easy and only took like 5 min so we decided to go up and get a tour of the mother/baby unit. Even though we have already had one child there it was 3 years ago plus they were in the middle of renovating when Colby was born. It brought back lots of memories but also seemed so different at the same time. I can't believe in 2 months we will be there getting to meet our baby girl for the first time though! After the hospital austin and I came home to work in her room. I feel like we still have a ways to go. I feel like we are running behind this time. It seemed so easy to fix up Colby's room but now we have more stuff to find places for plus we are so busy with Colby's schedule its hard to find time to work in there. We cleaned most of her room out now we will just have to set the crib up which we hope to do in the next week or so. After we picked Colby up from school we thought it would be a fun treat to go to the mall and eat Chickfila and let Colby walk around some. We try to go out to eat when we pick him up just as a treat when Austin is off. He loves going to the mall. We enjoyed our lunch then brought him down to ride all the rides and we got cookies for an afternoon snack! That afternoon we just stayed home and then ate red beans and rice. We all enjoyed some outside time too!
Tuesday I had Bible Study and Colby was going to my parent's house for the day. This was all planned before I knew austin had the day off. I thought about skipping and leaving Colby at home but my parents were already excited about him coming over and I really wanted to make it to the Bible Study. Plus I know Austin probably enjoyed a couple hours to himself. Its rare that he gets much time around the house alone. After Bible Study I brought home lunches from a fundraiser at the church so Austin and I sat out on our patio and ate them. It was nice to have some couple time. We then rested and that afternoon went to the 4D ultrasound of Lindsay! We didn't do this with Colby. The reason for not doing it with Colby and doing it this time is b/c this time you can have it done in the doc's office--I didn't want to go to a special place to do it. It was very cool though you could see so much more then you can in a regular ultrasound. We think she is going to look like Colby but also some of her pictures I thought looked like me. She was very stubborn at first and didn't want to show her face. She was sound asleep! After a lot of prodding and poking they woke her up but then I think she was just mad! Anyway I am glad we made the choice to do it! Its a nice keepsake to always have of her! After the apt we went to pick up Colby. We stopped at Chili's to eat on the way home. Colby was very well behaved better then usual in there. Its always fun to eat out as a family but also seems like a lot of work too with a squirmy 3 year old! WE came home and then got baths and ready for bed. I really enjoyed the last 4 days having Austin at home. We got spoiled. It will be hard to see him go back to work but then again its always nice to get back to a real routine. I feel like last week was so crazy with him being out of town and then 4 days of fun...Colby and I have a pretty busy end to the week though so it should go by pretty fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment