Thursday, October 20, 2011

Grandparents/Revival











































So this week Austin's parents came in town for a visit. We have had a very busy week but Colby enjoyed seeing his grandparents! They came in Wednesday. Colby had school that morning and Austin and I went shopping for a van...more on that later! We will be getting it Monday! Anyway we picked Colby up from school then met Austin's parents at Applebees. They haven't seen Colby since early September and were anxious to see him again. We will probably not be visiting them until early next year since we will have a baby in a couple months! Anyway it was good Colby got to visit with them. We enjoyed our lunch but Colby was definitely getting tired. We encouraged his parents to go visit with mine since they were staying with them this time. We no longer have a guest room since now we will have 2 children. We knew Colby would nap better if it were just us here. So we got to all come home and relax for a little while. Colby did fall asleep thankfully and slept until about 4. I was so glad he got that nap b/c naps have been hit or miss this week and he's had an off on cold junk since last month and I know he needs his rest! Austin and I weren't really able to sleep though. I guess just with everything going on and thinking his parents would come any minute. I laid down but was never able to sleep. Its always hard when I don't get a nap b/c being 8 1/2 months pregnant I am soo tired all the time!
After Colby's nap we decided to go outside and let him play since the weather was soo great this week. We finally had some real fall weather! He rode all his bikes up and down the sidewalk then we moved to the backyard and he played on his swingset while we all visited. It was really nice spending all that time outside with him! Austin and his dad and Colby ran to the grocery store to pick up some items for dinner...we decided on poboy sandwhiches since we had a big lunch. After eating dinner we decided to take a walk again with the nice weather. Colby was very excited! He loves walks...sadly we used to go so much more when he was a baby. I used to take him 3 times a day! But now with our busy schedules and me being pregnant we got out of the habit! He loves to check out all the sights and decorations and also say hello to our neighbors. The evening was pretty low key we bathed him and put him to bed then his parents went back over to my parents and Austin and I just hung out and watched tv.
Thursday Austin was off again. We had several things on our agenda we wanted to check off. Number 1 was a haircut for Colby. His hair grows so fast now. I usually only get his haircut 3 times a year. We go usually around Easter, his birthday, then the holidays...his last haircut was a few weeks before his b-day. There was no way this time it could wait much longer. Although I do like it when it gets long. We used to only take him to a children's haircut place but this summer when it was time for a haircut and we were so busy Austin took him to the barber shop and Colby loved it. He has always fussed at the children's place. I'm not sure if he just did well b/c he is older and understands...afterall he doesn't fuss at the dentist or doctor either anymore. Or if he just really liked going to the barber better! So Austin and I took him and Austin also got a haircut. I think he thought he was big stuff getting his haircut at the same time as daddy. He didn't fuss and left with a balloon so he was happy. Afterwards we called Austin's parents to meet us back at our house. We had also planned to take Colby to Metairie to do a few fall things. I really wanted to take him to the pumpkin patch over there since his school didn't do one this year along with go to Lakeside to ride the train. We didn't make the pumpkin patch due to time constraints. We did get out to Lakeside. I think he enjoyed the train but was a little shy or embarrassed due to all the attention of mommy and daddy and grandparents. We also let him go in his favorite stores the Disney Store and PB Kids. We didn't spend as much time shopping as we normally might do but we were trying to get home so we could all rest plus I am just getting miserable being on my feet for a long amount of time! We ate lunch in the Food Court then headed home. We were all really hoping for naps. We thought Austin's parents might get out and run some errands so we could rest but when we got home we missed a call from the Honda place about our van...more on that later. So we thought we might be leaving to go pick it up which we would have needed Austin's parents to stay at our house to keep Colby. It ended up it wasn't ready so that all fell through...needless to say no one really napped! We went over to my parent's house early to eat dinner. My parents were going to keep Colby that night. Originally we all planned to go to Revival but due to many things we decided it was best for Colby to just stay with them. It also gave all 4 grandparents a little extra time with him. So we ate dinner then Austin and I left for Revival. Our church was having revival from Thursday-Sunday. We hated that we wouldn't be able to attend some of the meetings that is why we made it such a point to go Thursday night. I was glad we did! It was an awesome service. It was also kinda nice to have a night to ourselves.













Friday morning I went to pick up Colby for school. Austin's parents had already left at that point. I had to go grocery shopping while Colby was in school. It was nice though to know we were going to sorta be getting back into a routine! I was able to have a little time to myself after grocery shopping before picking him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment