Friday, April 19, 2013

Daddy Days and Sickness

Well I mentioned in an earlier post about Lindsay having a virus/rash thing. She got sick last Wednesday and is really just now getting back to normal. The rash still comes and goes especially when she gets upset or overheated.
Anyway so yesterday the weather kept us in funny enough...well by that afternoon when the kids got up from their naps I noticed something about Colby didn't seem quite right. His cheeks were red, he wasn't very bubbly, and he felt warm. Although he usually is in a stoop for the first 30 min he's awake so I honestly didn't think too much of it. Well about an hour after being awake I fixed them dinner. They had eaten a really early lunch so I figured an early dinner was in order. Well Colby just picked at his food and said his tummy hurt. Well I asked him if he needed to potty and he did. Well he still didn't seem right and by then I knew he must have fever. Sure enough it was over 100. So I got him settled on the couch. He kept saying he might throw up but he never did. He just acted really weak and puney. Finally after Austin got home we got some Tylenol in him. By bedtime it seemed it had gone down some but he requested going to bed so we knew he didn't feel good. Well I knew we should really keep an eye on his fever so we checked on him a couple times before we went to bed. Well around 10:30 we went in there and he felt really warm...it was again over 100 so we woke him up and gave him some more Tylenol. After that he slept all night. I woke up around 4 to feel him and by that time he felt normal.
When he woke up Monday morning he was still fever free but since he was running fever the night before and he still acted like he was feeling sick we kept him home from school. He was pretty puney acting all Monday morning. We stayed home most of that morning while we had a new hot water heater installed. After that was done around 10ish Austin suggested we all get out the house for a bit. So we went over to Petsmart. This was a good idea to get us all out. I think the kids enjoyed the outting then we picked up Sonic and came home and ate lunch together. It was sorta nice having a low key family day. Colby perked up at lunchtime but still took a long nap. That afternoon/evening though he seemed back to himself. I was so glad the sickness didn't last long. By that night we were pretty definate he would be going back to school the next day!
Sure enough Tuesday he was able to return to school. I was so glad for his sake and ours! I had Bible Study that morning and he just needed that social outlet. Our maid was coming so it would have been crazy had he had to stay home. Anyway my parents did bring him to school and kept Lindsay while I was at Bible study though so Austin could do some yard work. I really needed that time away and the time focused on God. I feel like right now I don't get to do a whole LOT for myself so going to Bible study once a week is My Thing and I always hate to miss. It gives me a boost mid-week when I need it! I brought Lindsay home and we just hung out...Austin picked Colby up from school. They brought home Subway and we had a nice little picnic outside. We enjoy doing that with him...I think he also enjoys the one on one time with both of us. By the time we finished eating the maid was also finished so it was naptime! Colby never did sleep but we were all able to rest for a little bit. That afternoon we hung out at home. Colby always enjoys doing outside stuff with Austin. The rest of the week will be pretty routine and then this weekend we are going to Hattiesburg so look for a post on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment