Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break

So we are winding down Colby's spring break here. He's been out of school since noon last Thursday! We have had a great time! This is what I envisioned Spring Break to be like...unlike last year when we all had the flu!
Last Friday (Good Friday) we took a trip to the park with some friends...then that night we had service at church a long with an Easter Egg hunt! We all had a great time!
Last Saturday we had a low key day. Colby spent last Friday night with my parents so we picked him up late morning then stayed in the rest of the day. We rested and got ready for Easter.
Sunday ofcourse Easter Sunday was a wonderful and busy day! We went to the early service at our church. We were then able to come home and rest before heading over to my parent's for lunch. After lunch and some visiting we came home and enjoyed a low key night the 4 of us!
Monday we took Colby and Lindsay to the zoo. That was a wonderful MUCH needed outting for all 4 of us! That afternoon we had friends over and played outside!
Tuesday I had Bible study so it was more of a routine day. My parents kept the kids. They kept Colby all day and I brought Lindsay home at lunch time.
Wednesday we were supossed to go to Gymrompers. It was a really stormy day but we were preparing to leave when all of a sudden Colby threw up! I was so worried he was coming down with the stomach virus again! I thought oh no here goes his spring break again! Anyway he ended up being fine but he had a very low key day at home. We don't like staying home all day but in a way it was nice. I was able to do a few activities with the kids that we don't normally have time for! We did water play in the kitchen. Colby painted some pictures. Colby and I also practiced letters. That night Colby and I were able to go to church which was nice after being cooped up at home all day! I always enjoy that time with him when we go alone. He and I get to visit over supper then visit on the ride home...its a sweet time. And I am so happy he loves going to church so much!
Thursday we did GymRompers since we missed it the day before. It worked out just fine. We had to go to a new class which I didn't like as much but it was fine for the 1 week. I think Lindsay liked having her big bro there and I think he enjoyed going with her. My mom went with us too! After the class we ate lunch at McAlister's. That was a nice treat for us all! We rarely go out to lunch in the middle of the week so ofcourse its a treat when we do! The kids had a ton and seemed to enjoy themselves too!
Friday my parents got Colby that morning to take him on a little trip. They have been wanting to bring him to Hattiesburg for quite sometime. My dad found out about this little train ride about an hour away from there so they thought that would be the perfect way to end his spring break! Since they picked him up early that morning Lindsay and I did our grocery shopping. The rest of the day was low key and we stayed at home. I enjoyed having a slower paced day. Lindsay is busy and on the move but it was still calmer without the big boy! It also gave Austin and I a break that evening since Lindsay usually goes to bed way earlier then Colby. I love having the one on one time with her. I feel like with 2 kids sometimes my mind is just always spinning and I don't get to sit down with either and do all that I want to! So she and I played and read books and took a walk that afternoon it was nice!
Saturday waking up with only one child was nice! I made blueberry muffins for us and we had a low key start to the day. After she and I were dressed we headed out to the park. She's getting to that age now where its really hard to stay home! She destroys the house when we do! It was nice just taking her to the park. Its still a little overwhelming going by myself with both...I mean I can do it but I feel like I never get to pay either one a lot of attention. So it was nice to just do what she wanted to do and go at a 1 year olds pace. If she wanted to swing we would swing, if she wanted to walk around I just followed her, etc. We had the park to ourselves for the most part but then a little 2 year old boy came with his grand dad. i think Lindsay enjoyed his company. We stayed an hour! I couldn't believe she lasted that long. Once we got home it was time for lunch. Austin came home at lunchtime too which was awesome! Its not often he gets to come home early like that so I am so grateful when he does. We both laid down while Lindsay was napping. Colby got home around 2! He was so excited to have his daddy here! We enjoyed a family afternoon...they ran errands and worked in the yard. Lindsay got to even play outside! It was a nice day!
Sunday the last day of our break...it was a good day! Austin was off which always makes church day even better. We now attend the 9:15 service so we don't have leisurely Sunday mornings anymore but we like our long afternoon. We finished up before 11 so we had lunch at TX Roadhouse. We figured now with us getting out early we would be able to eat out sometimes. Well it was exhausting though. Colby was squirmy and all Lindsay wants to do is stand up in her high chair. But it was still nice to not have to cook! After we came home and tried to nap but neither kid napped. That evening we had lifegroup. We are really enjoying that...its nice making friends and just getting that time of discipleship and hangout time is great!
I am so thankful for this week off with Colby. it was nice to slow down and do some different things! This is how I pictured spring break! He is missing his friends though and will be nice to get back into a more predictable routine though next week! We have a pretty busy week just with our regular schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment