Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend

Well this weekend is turning into a busy one...
Friday I had a hair appointment. I brought Colby to school then went to hang out at my parent's house until time for the appointment. It was at 10:30 so it would have been silly for me to drive home then drive back to Algiers then drive back to Terrytown. It was nice hanging out/visiting with them. They watched Lindsay while I got my hair done. I didn't finish up with the hair appointment until 1. I felt so bad b/c I knew the kids would be tired/grumpy. I thought 12:30 would have been the latest. Thankfully though they were both fed so all we had to do was drive home and tuck them into bed. Lindsay crashed but Colby never slept. That afternoon I was a little edgy. I mean I was glad to have my hair done but I felt like I accomplished nothing...plus I was tired. Anyway Austin got home at a decent time and I felt like I was able to relax a little.
Saturday another pretty busy day! The kids and I had to run across hte river to pick up Austin's birthday present. We got him a new Bible and had to wait to get his name engraved on it. Anyway we did that which obviously took up a good bit of the morning but I knew just doing that there was no way the kids would nap. So we hit up a park on the way home and I AM SO GLAD we did! The kids had a blast! I was so glad they got some outdoor time. This past week we haven't been out as much due to weather and just being busy so I was so thankful they could run around in the sunshine. I am a firm believer in kids needing outdoor time but also free playtime to use their imaginations and play with other kids. Anyway so we stayed about 30 min. After getting home it was lunch and naptime for the kids. The rest of the afternoon we just hung out being lazy. Austin got home early b/c he and I had a DATE! First one in forever I know! This was his birthday outting! We went and ate dinner at VooDoo BBQ then we had some extra time so we browsed Target then met up with some friends at the movie. That was the first movie we have seen in forever! also the first time we have gone with those friends in forever! It was really nice to just sit back and enjoy a movie! I think it was the refresher we both needed! Although getting in late like that I was exhausted and ofcourse we had church the next day!
Sunday was nice having Austin off with us. This was the first time all 4 of us went to church together in a few weeks. I didn't have nursery duty either which was great b/c it was mid-March since Austin and I sat in worship together. We enjoyed the service and I think the kids enjoyed being back to their classes. After church we picked up lunch and came home. We had a really early lunch and early naptime b/c Austin and I had a membership class at 2 to attend. The class went well and its nice to know that's behind us and that we are officially members. We have been wanting to join since Novemeber lol! Anyway we didn't get home until 4 from all that. We ended up skipping lifegroup which is like the 3rd we have missed but from all the busines of the day and weekend we knew we needed a night at home with the kids to get ready for the week!
It was a great weekend! Oh and we gave Austin his birthday present early...Colby decided to tell him Sunday morning what we gave him so it was fine he ended up being able to take his new Bible to church! We are looking forward to the upcoming week and celebrating daddy more on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment