Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Wednesday was Austin's 34th birthday! I was so glad he could take off and be with us on that day! We usually always do something special. This year since it fell in the middle of the week we went ahead and sent Colby to school b/c Lindsay had GymRompers. He went with us though! It was only the 2nd time he has been able to go watch her. It was a nice time for him to spend with Lindsay. Afterwards we ate lunch together. I hated Colby missed out but I think Austin enjoyed time with just the girls =) After lunch we came home to put Lindsay down for her nap and rest ourselves it was quite a busy morning! Austin went back to pick up Colby at 2 so they ran some errands. Therefore, he got quality time with Colby! Once they got home it was really time to start getting ready for church that evening. Our Wednesday night classes are over but they had a worship night of just music. We were looking forward to going to that. I got dressed early and went to pick up Austin's cake. I usually make 1 but this year I was just so busy and with it falling in the middle of the week there was just no way for me to be able to do that. We also gave him a Bible this year for his b-day. Anyway that night the worship service was wonderful...very moving. I am so proud of Austin he is re-focusing his life to Christ and I just see God doing an awesome work in him lately. The kids were in the childcare rooms and both seemed to have a good time. The only problem with stuff like that is we get home so late and the kids ARE SO TIRED! We didn't get home until after 8. Poor Lindsay was exhausted b/c she never slept once we got home so she had like a 30 min car nap and that was it! But she hung in there bless her heart! Colby was tired too he had a full day!
I hope Austin enjoyed his b-day and although we went on with our weekly plans I hope we were able to make it a fun day for him! We love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment