Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last week of school


Well here we are the last week of preschool for my little man. This has been a very bittersweet week. 1) Just knowing my little boy has finished his preschool years, 2) knowing this was his last week at his precious little preschool where he started school 3 years ago and 3) knowing the next time he sets foot in school it will be in big boy school!
AH so its been an emotional week. I am not sure how much Colby has grasped it but I think he has b/c even he has seemed a little "down" this week. He has loved AUMC and done so well there! He's never not wanted to go to school. He's had wonderful teachers all 3 years and made some sweet friends. We will miss that place.
Anyway enough sadness here's a rundown of how we spent the last school week. Austin was off Monday. I brought Colby to school by myself...I was needing a break and needed a lone time. I took time to meet Casee for coffee that morning then grocery shopped alone. For lunch Austin took Lindsay and I to Parrot Pete's to enjoy our last little lunch the 3 of us for this school year. We have really enjoyed taking her out with us...we miss Colby but he hogs so much of the spotlight we have had some sweet memories with Daddy and his 2 girls on Colby's school days! That afternoon we hung out at home. The boys spent time outside and we had a nice low key family night.
Austin was off again Tuesday. We all brought Colby to school that day. I knew Austin would want one more chance of taking Colby into school. After dropping him off we took Lindsay to the park to run some energy out. We then ran a couple errands and came home. That afternoon after resting the boys did some more work outside. That night Austin and I went out to eat with some new friends of ours. We stayed out 3 hours...I couldn't believe it! But it was something we needed...especially I needed. Although the only problem with staying out like that so much went un-done at home.
So Wednesday was more like a normal day. Austin was back to work and I was the one needing to get the kids to school alone. After getting Colby to school Lindsay and I made cookies for all his teachers. It was a busy morning of baking and getting things done at home. That afternoon/evening I also had a VBS meeting I had to attend. I really hate going out 2 nights in a row. Luckily the VBS meeting didn't last long so I got home at a reasonable time and early enough to see the kids before they went to bed. We were all very tired though!
Thursday the official last day of school. Another busy day! It was a hectic morning trying to get last day photos and pack up the car with teacher presents. I cried on the way and got teary eyed giving the gifts to the teachers. Lindsay and I stopped at the grocery on the way home then came home and did what we could around the house before leaving to go pick up Colby again!
I'm excited summertime is here. I'll miss Colby's preschool years...I know kindergarten though is going to be great! I'm looking forward to a really fun summer. 2 years ago I was pregnant and last year we had a baby so this summer I feel like we are really going to be adventurous! We are starting our summer adventures with going to City Park tomorrow! The kids are already so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment