Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Once again we celebrated Mother's Day right on the heels of being at the beach! Not a bad start to the day at all! That day ofcourse we went to church. I had to work in the nursery though. I was a little bummed I couldn't sit in church with Austin on Mother's Day but I know working in the nursery is a wonderful place to be and I felt good knowing I was allowing other moms to be able to enjoy service. It was a busy morning. I work in Colby's age group twice a month. Its 4-5 year olds. This Sunday they didn't have a teacher for the 2-3 year olds so they were all together! Needless to say it was crazy! A very busy class! We had 13! i was glad I had 2 helpers working with me though. The kids were active but for the most part well behaved. We came home briefly really to just change Lindsay's diaper then we went over to Mrs. Eva's which is our Mother's Day tradition.
I was a little worried how it would go. Lindsay is usually already worn out just after going to church and on top of a busy week at the beach. She ended up doing really well though! Colby was actually the hard one. We enjoyed our lunch that Elizabeth prepared and it was nice to sit and visit with everyone. I think the kids had a good time as well in a new place. Colby loves going over there to play cars. That afternoon we had a very laid back day. We took naps and hung out at home which was nice. Austin cleaned house and cooked dinner so I was spoiled! I can't believe I've been a mom for 5 years!
Colby,
You are growing up so fast! You are becoming a young man right before our eyes. You have grown up and matured so much this year! We are so proud of you. You are a great big brother to Lindsay and a big helper to mom and dad. You love cars and dogs and just life in general! You are excited about the small joys in life! You love adventure and the outdoors! I love your articulate personality! We are excited about the adventures that await you when you start kindergarten in the fall!

Lindsay,
You are also growing up so fast! You are becoming more of a little girl instead of a baby. But you are still our baby of the family! I think I have a harder time letting go of the "baby" with you then I did with your brother. I love having a girl to hang out with now! I look forward to the years we have ahead of tea parties, dress up, painting our nails, etc. You are doing so many new things. You are talking a lot and just so active! I love to see the wonder and excitement in your face! I can tell you really love your big brother even though you give him a hard time! You are so fun and have such a great personality! You are stubborn yet sweet! I can't wait to see what the rest of 1 is like for you!!

Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment