Sunday, April 14, 2013

Our Weekend

Well we have had a pretty low key weekend. Friday Colby had school so Lindsay and I did our grocery shopping. My parents brought Colby home that afternoon and he spent the night with them. Lindsay and I had a very low key day. I enjoy sometimes just getting to hang out with her...it also makes it a little easier to focus on household projects. I did miss my big boy though!
Saturday I went to pick colby up pretty early. We had to go buy a birthday present for his friend Giovanni from school. I figured the bookstore would be fun for them so we went to Barnes and Noble. This way they could play some too! I think Colby enjoyed it but Lindsay was very fussy. I let her out the stroller for a little bit but it was hard to keep track of her so I made her get back in then she just screamed. Since we finished up pretty quickly there I decided to bring the kids to the park. I knew neither of them would take great naps if we didn't do something else. We stopped at the park in Terrytown. Its a brand new park and really nice! The only thing is its made more for big kids. It was exhausting watching Lindsay out there. I guess it was good excercise though b/c I had to do a lot of climbing and sliding as well =). The rest of the day was very low key. We didn't do much at all. Although I guess we all need that from time to time.
Sunday well our day really got re-arranged but that's ok...always a reason for everything. Well our plans today were to go to MBC to to Sunday School and then attend a b-day party at City Park. The reason for going to my mom and dad's church was b/c with Austin working they would have to take Lindsay home with them. A b-day party from 11-1 would be wayy to hard to keep up with her at! Plus I try to only take the child that was invited to birthday parties that way its a special day for them. Well we knew there was a possibility for the party to be moved to Chuck E Cheese. We still planned on going to Sunday School though. Well the weather was AWFUL this morning and even my parents stayed home. So we decided to go on to their house until we heard about the party and then Colby and I would go to the party and they would already have Lindsay there with them. Well once we got there I had already tried to prepare Colby that we might not go to the party b/c at that point it was still raining very bad and streets were flooded. Well by 10 I heard that the party was in fact on at Chuck E Cheese so I told Colby. Well he said he didn't want to go? Well I wasn't going to pusht he issue b/c driving to Metairie and sitting in Chuck E Cheese on my Sunday afternoon really wasn't in my top things to do but I was going to go for him. i know he loves his school friends. I think he didn't want Lindsay having more fun with the grandparents ;). Anyway it all worked out. They were both kind of grumpy anyway so probably glad we didn't go out in public. They had fun with my parents though and we had lunch with them. We rarely get to do that anymore b/c of busy schedules so I know God had a purpose for it working out like that and I am glad it did =) Now when they wake up from naps I just have to find stuff to keep them busy! I am so ready for Austin to come home...he hasn't really been off again in 2 weeks so I am exhausted! Looking forward to the next 2 days though!

No comments:

Post a Comment