Monday, January 20, 2014

Fabulous Weekend

We have had such beautiful weather this week! I love pretty blue sky winter days! We have actually had a cold winter this year and I love it! Even though most of the plants are dead there is such beauty in winter. I don't know everything just seems so clean when its crisp and cold! The highs have been in the 50s all week and lows in the 30s which to me is just perfect!
Anyway we have a long weekend and I am really planning on enjoying it! Friday afternoon was pretty low key for us. The kids mostly played and watched tv. We picked up Chickfila for dinner. I enjoy Friday nights bc we let them stay up a little later and they run around like crazy people! Last night was one of those nights it was fun! Definitely a 1000 gifts moment! They also watched Return to Neverland! Colby is so into Disney movies now which is exciting with us going to Disney World in 1 week!
Saturday ooh Saturday how I love sleeping in! We all slept past 7 which is nice then we hung out in our pjs. Enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and the kids played and watched tv while I cleaned up the house. I always enjoy on saturdays that I can do more housework while they entertain each other. We left the house about 9:30 and made a trip to the library to drop off books then met my parents at a local park. This particular park we haven't been to since last January! They love it though! Although it was crazy to think last time we brought Lindsay she was barely or not walking and couldn't do much at all. She really had a blast today! Colby ofcourse had a great time as well! We don't get to do as many park trips now with him in school so I try to sneak them on pretty Saturdays! I think my parents also just enjoyed watching them play! The rest of the day will be pretty low key! Just hanging out cooking and probably watching another movie! Austin is working all weekend so the kids and I will mostly be relaxing!
Sunday the kids and I ofcourse went to church. I had to work in the preschool. I enjoy the weeks of teaching. Worshipping with and seeing these preschoolers grow is pretty amazing. This week we had 5. We had 3 boys and 2 girls. They were such a sweet group too we hardly had to correct anyone. As far as I know my littles enjoyed their classes as well =) The rest of the day will be low key for us since Austin is working. I will probably try to take them outside though after Lindsay's nap to get some fresh air and sunshine!
It has been so nice having an extra day added to our weekend. The weekends usually go by SO fast I love having 3 days with my littles! So sadly austin still had to work today so that left the littles and I looking for something fun to do! We settled on the Zoo. This has actually become a tradition for us we have been the last 3 years! Lindsay and I have been to the zoo I think twice lately without Colby so I was anxious for him to go! I think it was October the last time he got to go. Anyway we had a fun time! My parents went with us to help with the kids and just to keep us company! We started with the Reptile House which I think everyone enjoyed. We played at the climbing trees for quite some time which I think they both really liked. I think Colby's favorite part was Monkey Hill. At this point Lindsay started to have a mini fit so she just stayed in the stroller. We enjoyed the animals around there but then decided to head back towards the carousel and do that before leaving. Colby really wanted to ride the train but we decided that would take too long. I thought Lindsay would ride the carousel with us but she said no and was sure to let us know she did not want to! I don't know why she hates them =(. Colby def loves them! So after that we headed back to the car they were getting hungry and tired. I would have eaten there if we could have packed a picnic lunch but I didn't have enough food and I hate the zoo food...its over priced and usually not that good. We went to McAlister's instead. It was a fun treat to eat and visit with my parents! The rest of the day we are mostly resting although we do have to get out soon to go to the grocery which I hate but we need stuff to make potato salad tonight for lifegroup tomorrow night. I hate to drag the kids out but tomorrow I just won't have time to do it! Its been a great weekend and holiday! This week will be busy getting ready for Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment