Thursday, January 2, 2014

More Christmas Break

Well we are still enjoying being on break in this house. We have managed to keep ourselves busy since the Mississippi Christmas! On Friday we tried to get back into routines around here just without school. Grocery shopping was what we had on our agenda. I have a lot of friends who don't bring both of their kids to the grocery but I don't understand why...honestly its not that big of a deal. Mine are usually very good and enjoy themselves. I try to involve them in the process...especially Colby. He helps me pick out stuff and is very helpful. Lindsay sometimes fusses and wants out of the cart but right now I just can't watch them both in the store. Colby probably was walking around 2 in the store but with keeping up with him too I am afraid it would be a disaster so she still rides. That day was low key we did play outside some which was nice!
Saturday we were ready to get out the house but it was a really rainy and nasty day. Mrs. Eva was moving out of her house that day to a smaller apartment in an assissted living type place and all Elizabeth's family and my parents were over there helping so we decided to stop by to say hello. Afterwards I took the kids to the library. No storytime but we checked out several books and Colby played on the computer. It was nice just to get out. I picked up Chickfila for lunch as a treat and we came home. It was a pretty lazy rest of the day with the rain. The kids and I just stayed in and watched tv all afternoon!
Sunday was back into our normal church routine. I think we were all glad this week to get back to see our friends! I worked in the preschool...we only had 3 kiddos though...guess a lot of people are still traveling. That afternoon was again relaxing. We did get to spend some time outside though!
Monday Austin was off so we wanted to make it a fun family day! We let Colby choose where he wanted to go. He settled on the Children's Museum. We did go there over Thanksgiving break but the kids love its so much I figured it was fine to venture back. They both had a blast! We stayed for 2 solid hours. Lindsay mostly wanted to follow Colby around. They did do a lot of playing together which was nice! I have to say this age is so much easier then last year when Lindsay had to mostly stay in the stroller. She did finally let me bring her into the toddler room and she had a BLAST in there! She and I stayed for quite awhile. Austin and Colby joined us too for a little bit but then he got bored and moved onto bigger and better things. We all joined up together downstairs to see the new exhibit. They both loved the GIANT water table. So after finishing up we decided to go out to lunch. We tried a new place Reubens. It was very tasty. Its just a sandwhich and soup place. It was nice to just spend time the 4 of us. We came home to rest and hang out. That evening Austin and I went out to see the movie "Saving Mr. Banks". It was SO GOOD....we both really loved the movie. We enjoyed that then went and ate dinner at five guys. I couldn't have asked for a better day really...time out as a family then a date night! So blessed!
Tuesday Austin went back to work so the kids and I were on our own. We had a few errands of must do's that the kids and I did. I hated we couldn't go somewhere "fun" but all of it had to be done plus it was rainy and cold so really no where we could go. They enjoyed Barnes and Noble though...that's always a hit with them! We rested that afternoon but then headed out that evening for a New Years Eve party with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment