Monday, January 6, 2014

The End of Christmas Break

Well we are still enjoying our break...and honestly this break has seemed SO long! Not in a bad way...we have had a few frustrating moments but nothing too bad! This is probably my fav Christmas break since Colby was 2! When he was 3 we had a newborn so things were a lot more complicated and we stayed home a lot more and when he was 4 Lindsay was still little and couldn't stay up late or do as much but this year holy cow we have been so busy and its been so fun y'all! I really wish my kids could stay 5 and 2 forever?!?
So Thursday was another free day...we had plans to help undecorate the church for Christmas but as fate would have it by the time we got there they were finshing up?! Oh well we still got to visit with some peeps and the kids enjoyed running around the church. We ran a few other errands then met our friends Audrea and her 3 littles at Chickfila. The kids had a blast! I am so thankful for mom friends and other littles. Going to eat chickfila is so much more fun with friends! Colby had a blast playing with Tripp and Cash and Lindsay and Maggie were content to visit at the table with the ladies ;) We came home and just relaxed and vegged out the rest of the day!
Friday my parents came to pick up Colby to let him spend the day with them. I was honestly a little relieved. I really have needed the quiet and time away. He's pretty much been with me every moment since Dec 20th and I could tell we were starting to annoy each other. Plus today was my grocery shopping day so I knew he would much rather be hanging out with my parents then stuck at home with me all day. Its been good too to have Lindsay to herself and also allow her to nap and rest. Friday night we went out with our friends Rick and Tiffany. they are in the process of moving to Houston. We are going to miss them and their girls so much! We had a great dinner at Des Familes. It was nice just to have a liesurely dinner and visit with one another.
Saturday has been a great day so far! We all slept in this morning! Gosh I love these cold mornings but I also really dread waking up Monday when we have our coldest yet! Anyway we slept in then all got up and dressed to go out to City Park. We don't get to go nearly as often as I'd like but I wanted to go to one more "fun" thing before Colby gets back into school. The rides and Storyland weren't open but we still had fun. We got beignets and coffee first and boy did the kids love that!! The last time we were all there the kids hardly touched the beignets but they scarfed them down this time! Then we played in the park for awhile. It was so fun seeing the kids run around. Austin kept up with Colby though and I chased Lindsay around. Its hard to stay together b/c they are at 2 different ages and want to do different stuff plus the park is pretty spread out so you can't just sit on a bench and watch. Lindsay had the time of her life! She has really changed in the last month. Ofcourse its different when Colby is around she is more brave. She ran and played with the best of them! She climbed on the highest stuff too! This girl she's a mess! I loved watching her just have the best time! So finally after they were bored with playing we took a walk through the sculpture garden. Its such a beautiful, peaceful place although it was pretty crowded on a Saturday. The kids did enjoy running through all the paths and bridges though. We finally made a quick exit though when all they wanted to do was "bang" on the art =) We headed home and picked up a kingcake. We enjoyed some downtime that afternoon. That evening we kept our friends the Stewarts. This meant we had 5 kids in the house! Talk about a fun and busy evening! We had a 6 year old, 5 year old, 4 year old, and two 2 year olds. I really can't imagine having 5 kids all the time! Although for having 5 they all got along really well and honestly wasn't that hard. The boys played really well together and were pretty low maintenance. We had hotdogs and fries for dinner. After dinner I put the little girls in the tub together. Then they got in the jammies to play. The boys brought pjs too but rather then bathing all them they just got in their pjs too. I think they all enjoyed being cozy. I let them watch a few shows on tv while they played. They all kept each other busy so that was great!
Sunday Austin was home again. Its always nice to go to church as a family! I had to work in preschool though. I think the kids were glad to go to church and see their friends. The rest of the day was really low key. We just enjoyed being together and going to bed early so we would all be ready for Back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment