Monday, March 31, 2014

Eventful Weekend

So the last 24 hours at our house have been quite eventful. Friday started out being what I thought would be a pretty calm day. I dropped Colby off at school and for the first time in FOREVER Lindsay and I came straight home. I had really wanted to bring her to the zoo or park but the weather was awful. Luckily we were able to get out and enjoy a walk though before the rain. So we were enjoying having a low key day. The weather got really bad though...streets were flooded, lots of lightening, it was crazy! Thankfully that afternoon when we went to pick up Colby the rain had slacked off. We got in that night and the weather got bad again. We just had a low key night around the house. Pizza and movies...that's how we like to do it around here! Austin got home at a decent time and we were just having a nice family night. We were all so tired and looking forward to a good nights sleep and sleeping in the next day. Only around 2ish Austin's work phone rang. Well at first I thought it might just be a simple question but he was on the phone for 30 min and after that he had to go in. He thought it would be a matter of running in and checking something out but nope he worked from 2:30 until 8 am. I hated he was gone all night like that and I was up most of that time as well. He finally got home soon after the kids and I woke up and brought breakfast for us all. I thought he might want to go to bed but he was a trooper and said he would hang out with us. Our first errand was taking Colby to get new glasses/lenses. We got that done then we ran a few more errands before stopping at Chili's for lunch. It was fun just being together! I wish we could have done more fun stuff but all this had to be done! I guess it was a blessing Austin ended up being off!
That afternoon we all took a nap...well Colby watched a movie. After naps the boys got out to run more errands. Lindsay and I decided to take our party outdoors and sit in the sunshine. The weather has just been beautiful after Friday's storm! Once Austin and Colby got home they joined in as well! The kids enjoyed splashing in the hose and getting soaked! That evening we ate grilled cheese sandwhiches and just had a relaxing evening!
Sunday was such a pretty day and so nice to go to church as a family. Colby was excited to see all his friends. Lindsay got upset when it was time to go to her class and apparently cried awhile. I think I am going to talk to our Children's Intern about letting her promote early. She loves being in the big girl room on Wednesday nights. I had to teach this week but it was a really great week. We only had 4 kids so it was really low key and they were all very well behaved. I really enjoyed the morning though it was refreshing for it to be calm. That afternoon we mostly relaxed and Austin and the kids worked/played outside. I caught up on phonecalls and inside work.
It was a fun weekend I am glad we had austin here for most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment