Friday, March 7, 2014

Play Day @ the Mall

Today the kids and I had a fun little special day! I wanted to do atleast one special thing with them before Colby heads back off to school tomorrow. I originally hoped we could do the Zoo this week but with the cold and wet weather I knew that was out. Plus tonight we have church so I wasn't sure I wanted to be gone that long anyway. We opted for a little trip up to the mall. We actually don't go up to the mall much anymore. We used to go a lot but now with Colby's school schedule we just don't. Anyway so this is what they wanted to do! We first stopped at the play area and played for about 20 min. It was good for them to run and jump around and get some energy out! They have been pent up a lot this week with nasty weather so I thought some exercise would do them good! Afterwards I promised 1 ride each. Well Colby rode the old blue towtruck that he used to love as a toddler and Lindsay rode nothing. She is still scared of those types of things. Afterwards we went down to Children's Place. I just wanted to look at their spring stuff. Well we walked through the boys section and I noticed they had Superhero shirts so I asked Colby if he wanted one. Ofcourse he did! Well I figured if Colby got a shirt Lindsay def needed one too. We found the little girl stuff and she picked out a Princess Sophia shirt. Neither of them picked out the ones I would have chosen but I wanted this to be a fun moment for them so I just went with it. I also saw some adorable little girl shorts and Lindsay def needed some so I got those well then ofcourse Colby had to have shorts. So I let him pick out a pair that would match his t-shirt! Anyway I think they were both really proud of their "outfits"! I never let them shop for themselves so it was a fun experience for them both!
At this point they were ready for lunch we headed to the Food Court. My friend Jenny and her 2 boys Braden (5 1/2) and Jude (2) were meeting us. It was fun to have friends to eat with! The kids were so excited about eating at the mall b/c we rarely do that! It was fun listening to the big boys chat about school and birthdays! The little siblings enjoyed being along for the ride! After lunch we took the kids to pick out cookies and sit by the fountain. Again they all enjoyed this! It was so reminiscent of my childhood. It was a simple day but I think the kids really enjoyed it! I was glad I could have 1 special day before Colby went back to school on Thursday!
It brought back so many memories though of all the times he and I spent up there when he was a toddler! He's just growing up so fast! I miss having him for these little outtings!

No comments:

Post a Comment