Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend Roundup






So the weekend is starting out beautifully! We couldn't ask for better spring weather right now! So this morning Lindsay and I met our friends Ashley and Michael at the park. It was such a nice outting and what I needed after a busy week. I just love taking my littles to the park! Lindsay had a great time! I think she had a blast playing with someone close to her age! We were out there almost 2 hours! We were able to visit a lot and the babies entertained themselves which was awesome!
Friday night I had Dinner and a Craft at church. I had signed up to help set up so I had to leave the house around 4. My parents came over to watch the kids and picked Colby up from school. I was honestly kind of dreading getting out on a Friday night b/c that's usually our stay in night but it was so nice just hanging out with other women and I really enjoyed helping out. I don't get to do stuff like that often so it was great to just have some time to myself. It was really nice we had enchiladas and salad and chips and salsa. I was able to visit with some friends/ladies who I don't normally get to visit with much other then briefly on Sundays.
Saturday...has been a great day! We first slept in a little this morning which was FAB! We then got everyone ready and went to Touch a Truck. I have heard of these in other cities but never one here. As soon as I found out about it I knew it was something Colby would LOVE! Since Austin was also off and the weather turned out to be good we decided we MUST go! As we predicted Colby LOVED everything about this! I know most boys like trucks etc but Colby LOVES any form of transportation he always has! It was perfect for him! They had dump trucks, Mac Trucks, farm trucks, ambulances, firetrucks, police cars, race cars, army vehicles, etc! You name it and they had it! The kids could climb in all of these things, sit at the drivers seat and pretend to drive, and honk all the horns and make the sirens go off! He was truly in little boy heaven! Lindsay mostly observed as sometimes poor little sisters have to do. She liked going inside the cars mostly. She was far more concerned with snacking and drinking juice! Towards the end she warmed up and got in things with Colby and Austin. It just wasn't her cup of tea but she was patient and was there to have fun and enjoy the day with her big bro! Afterwards we ate lunch at Five Guys! It was so nice just to have a fun Saturday like this! Since Austin works most Saturdays I feel like we don't get to do what normal people do so it was nice! I think the kids really enjoyed the special day as well.
We didn't get home until almost 2 so we were late taking naps/resting so therefore that time was cut a little short. The kids got out with Austin that afternoon while I tried to work on cleaning up the house. We ate pizza then went for icecream! It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!
Sunday will be church and then resting! I really believe in making Sunday a rest day therefore we go to the 1st service and then hang out at home the rest of the day which is nice! Especially today on a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment