Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patty's Day 2014




Happy Green Day everyone! Well today has been a busy day in our household! It was quite a kick off to our week! Well Mondays both kids have school so it makes it busy anyway but Colby also had to bring snack today and Lindsay had her St. Patty's Day party at school. Colby also earned a free dress down day along with a special lunch with the principal. I got both of them dressed in their "green" attire this morning. It was sure hard getting up this morning on a cold and rainy Monday. I got everyone delivered to school though. Afterwards I met a friend for coffee. It was nice getting to hang out and visit without kid interruption. It did make my morning short and I hardly had time to even come home between that and getting Lindsay. From her teacher's reports though it sounds like she had a fun day! They had green cupcakes which her teacher said she devoured and they took selfies! Sounds like a fun day in the world of preschool!
When I picked Colby up from school he seemed like he had a great day as well. Tonight we did Chickfila night for his school. I really hate getting out 3 nights in a row but I know how much it means to my baby boy to be there so I got us all ready to go. Plus tonight was a special one b/c the k-2nd grade were singing. my parents ended up meeting us there which was good b/c Austin ended up working late. Lindsay was a total mess and I felt like a wreck too. Today was extremely busy so I don't feel like I really got any downtime today. I was tired and grumpy. She didn't take a nap today so she was tired and grumpy. She cheered up long enough to play on the playground but then pitched a major fit about leaving! UGH exhausting!! It was all worth it though to see my little man singing his heart out about God! Also to hear him singing all the songs as we got home! I know I have said it before but this year has been such an amazing blessing! Its so amazing to see how far we have come in a year! This time last year I was doubtful if he would be ready for kindergarten and scared and nervous for him! This year he has rocked kindergarten! Not to say he hasn't had to work hard or is doing perfectly...we have a C+ in reading this quarter! But he has come so far socially and academically and spiritually! His teachers and principal are just amazing! I love that he's learning so much academically but he's also being fed spiritually at school which is awesome! Anyways so even with the hard points of the day its been awesome! So much to be thankful for! I know the days are long and busy but this season of life is short! I love my 5 and 2 year old and all the fun stuff that there is about this stage of life!! So one day when I am 50 I will be able to rest! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment