Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dr. Seuss & Mardi Gras

Today was a busy day for me and my littles! Both had special, fun days at their schools before getting out for Mardi Gras break.
Colby had Pajama day/Dr. Seuss day. I volunteered to go help...not so much with his class but just with whatever teacher needed me. They assigned me with Mrs. Fulmer. I did get to see Colby's class though which was neat. Basically in the room we were in Mrs. Fulmer read Horton Hears a Who to the students then they did a craft. I enjoyed working with and seeing the various classes. I think Colby enjoyed having his mommy around for a bit too! From what I understand they basically rotated throughout stations for the entire morning going from one place to another. They read books, made crafts, and watched a movie. I think Colby really enjoyed it. It was a perfect way to end the week going into Mardi Gras. He is now out of school until next Thursday.
Lindsay had her Mardi Gras party and parade also today. This was all happening at 11 so I left Colby's school to go to hers. They first were in their room making masks for the parade. She was so cute and working so hard on her little mask when I got there! I am so proud of how far she has come this school year. There were times I wondered if putting her in school was worth it or should I make her go this young but seeing her maturity and how much she loves it...Yes its totally worth it! She didn't cry or get up from the table to hop in mommie's arms! I am so glad she loves and trusts her teachers now! After finishing masks they had their little parade down the hallway! This. was. adorable!! This was the first year they have done this with the littles and I loved it!! They made the traditional "shoebox" floats and pulled them down the hallway. The big kids lined up the hallway and watched! They also ofcourse had carnival music playing! Cutest thing ever! Afterwards they went back into the room for their "party". They had kingcake and fruit and quiche. Lindsay loved this! She chowed down on her kingcake! Again she did so good and was such a big girl sitting at the table. Once all the kids finished eating we went outside to get ready for the big kids parade. Gosh this brought back so many memories! This was my 4th "parade" there! The first year we had it in the gym b/c it was raining, the second year they had it at a nursing home, and last year we were out on the playground! It was amazing to think that Colby was the "big kid" last year and Lindsay was still in the stroller. She has grown up so much this year! Anyway she loved it! She stood there and caught beads and just enjoyed playing! It was a great way to wrap up the day and kick off our holiday! She will be off an entire week so we will have lots of bonding time and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment