Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Family Read Night

Tuesday night at Colby's school they had something called Family Read Night. This week they are concentrating and really emphasizing reading. I think it also coincides with READ across America and Dr. Seuss' birthday. All this week they are having a raffle with kids who read books with their families each night. I think its great they are focused on the importance of reading. Colby is really progressing with his reading and I am so proud of him! I bought him some BOB books at the beginning of the year and he couldn't really read them without a lot of help and he would get frustrated...now he reads them easily and with confidence! Right now we are still on Level 1 but I hope to get him the Level 2 books soon!
Anyway so last night was Family Read Night. My parents came and kept Lindsay for this since it was 6-8 which is kind of late for her especially with church going that late on Wednesdays and I thought she really would be too young to "get it". A lot of other people had their younger kids but I guess that's b/c they don't have easy babysitters like we are blessed to have. First they served a taco dinner which was really yummy. Colby had a blast sitting with all his school friends and chatting. It was nice too to get to visit with some of the moms as well. It had been awhile since I had seen any of them so it was great to catch up. It was also nice to visit with the teachers.
After dinner we moved into the Worship Center and they had a time of just family reading. The kids were told to bring blankets and they could spread them out on the floor. It was fun just spending time with Colby this way. He also got to interact with several of his little friends during this time. They also went around and interviewed the kids and Colby piped up and answered a couple of times!
After about 20 min of this time the teachers and other staff performed a little skit! It was called Chicks and Salsa. It was the most adorable thing!! It was so cute and funny! I am so thankful for these women and men who are willing to be silly! The principal was even in it! This night was such a blessing! It was so neat to have the school together for such a fun, wonderful event! I can't say enough how much this year has blessed us! I am so thankful we chose Calvary for Colby! Its been a perfect fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment