Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day









We are in the midst of celebrating Valentine's at our house! This has been a fun year so far! Like I've said before the kids are at perfect ages! This year there has been a lot of celebrating due to having 2 kids in school.
Colby had his party yesterday b/c he is out of school today. I baked cookies for his class to send home along with his Superhero Valentine's from Target...no pinterest goodies this year! He came home with a HUGE bag of goodies he seemed to have a good day and enjoyed his party!
Friday Colby was out of school so he was looking forward to a dady with mommy. Lindsay actually had school. Normally she doesn't go on Fridays but this week it worked out great b/c she had missed Monday. I really only see the need for her to go 2 days a week. Plus Friday was her Valentine's party and I was signed up so she kind of had to go! I was also looking forward to a little one on one time with Colby. I had asked him several days ago what he wanted to do and he chose going to Barnes and Noble to pick out a book. I am always obliged to pick out books for my kids that is one thing I have a hard time saying no to! Anyway we dropped Lindsay off and went to the bookstore. It was nice and peaceful. We sat down and looked at his book and I drank my coffee then we meandered through the store for a bit. We stumbled on a Duck Dynasty book for Austin. Afterwards it was time to head back to Lindsay's school. I think Colby enjoyed being back on his old turf but he started out being really shy. He hung out with me at first to help get everything set up for their little party. After we finished we went outside which is where Lindsay and her class were. It was fun watching them all play. The kids came in for the party. It was again fun watching them all eat and play. The other mom brought balloons for each kid so they LOVED that! Colby finally decided to go outside with the big kids. I think he had fun but things are quite the same to him I don't think...first most of all the kids that he knew went off to kindergarten at other schools. It was a nice morning for all of us. The rest of the day was pretty low key. We stayed in that evening and I cooked jambalaya for us. With Austin working and 2 little kids on a Friday night we weren't going to attempt going anywhere! We really don't make a huge deal out of Valentine's anymore. We exchange cards and that's it. We usually get the kids a couple of little toys and we call it a day. Its def a fun holiday with kids though!

No comments:

Post a Comment