Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A little of This and That

So I thought I would do a quick catch up post from the week:
Last Wednesday we did go to church that night. I am so far really enjoying teaching the preschoolers. It is a more laid back atmosphere with the same kids mostly each week. So far we are really having fun!
I enjoyed having a long weekend with the kids. It was nice Friday to not be in quite as much of a rush as usual. We did have to get out and get Lindsay to school but we don't have to leave until 8:30 for that compared with our normal 8:00.
Saturday was a really nice day with the kids. I love not having to rush around and just take our time getting ready. I made the kids cheese grits and they watched a movie while I cleaned up the house and got ready. We headed to the park at 10. I love pretty days and park Saturdays. I love that my kids can stay entertained at a park for well over an hour. We had my parents meet us out there. Its always nice to have an extra hand with the kids and it gives them extra time to see them and love on them. A new friend also met us there. A little girl in Lindsay's class named Stella...her mom and her also came to play. It was good to get to know another mommy of one of her friends. We are losing/lost 2 of her best friends at church so I am anxious for her to have some little friends her age. This is about the age I would say Colby really started making friends and we would have them over. The rest of the Saturday was pretty quiet just hung out with the kids that afternoon.
Sunday Austin was originally supossed to be off but he got called in to work. I woke up with a really scratchy and hoarse sounding voice. I was supossed to teach in the preschool. I decided it would be best to stay home and rest my voice. I always hate missing church. It just feels so strange to stay home on Sundays. It ended up being quite a wonderful morning though! It was def a 1000 gifts kind of morning. The kids and I had pancakes for breakfast then just took our time getting ready for the day. They played and I cleaned. I then told them we were going to have church. I really want to do this anytime from now on when we miss. We sang a couple of praise songs then read a Bible story and prayed together. It was really a sweet sweet time. We then took a walk. Even though the day didn't turn out as we liked it was still a good day. That afternoon I had a meeting for the Children's dept. I really didn't feel like going but I made myself get up and go b/c they only have these meetings a couple times a year so I really felt like I needed to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment