Saturday, February 8, 2014

Getting back to Real Life

So we have been home from our Disney Vacation almost a week now! We hit the ground running when we got home! Spring semester means a lot of activities re-starting for our family! I will do a catch up post on what all has been going on since returning home.
Friday we got home mid-day...the kids were so excited to be home to their toys! I know they loved vacation but by Friday they were ready to be home especially after a long day of travel! It was nice to just settle in and unpack and catch up on things around the house!
Saturday was another laid back day. Lindsay and I got out that morning to grocery shop but the rest of the day we spent at home again just trying to get settled back in at home. Another day that the kids just enjoyed being home and playing!
Sunday it was time to re-start Life! We had church. Austin was still off so it was nice to go all together although I was teaching in the preschool. We had a great class though and it was good getting back to my little church friends! That night we had a SuperBowl Party with our Lifegroup. It was nice seeing all of our friends again and the kids had a blast playing. There are tons of kids in our new lifegroup so there are plenty of friends for our kids. There are two 1 year olds, two 2 year olds, one 3 year old, a 5 year old, a 7 year old, and two 9 year olds!
Monday the kids both had school. It was nice to get them back into that routine after missing a week. I think they were both glad to be back with their friends also. Austin and I enjoyed a quiet morning. We were able to take a walk with Allie which is always nice! I really want to get into a regular walking/jogging pattern but life is just so busy! I know excuse but seriously with 2 kids and a hubby who works crazy hours I feel like I rarely have the time but I am trying to make it happen! That afternoon I had a meeting with our children's ministry intern at church. I am going to be the preschool teacher on Wednesday nights this spring so she just wanted to meet with me to over the curriculum.
Tuesday was a really busy day for us! I took Colby to school then Lindsay and I picked up my mom and headed to Bible study. I am so excited that Bible study is beginning again. I can tell such a difference in my daily actions when I am constantly in His word. I am also trying to wake up 15-30 min earlier each day so I can work on my Bible study and have some quiet time before starting the day. This semester we are going to do Beth Moore's Breaking Free study. This is my 4th Beth Moore study I think and I have loved all of them! During the months of no Bible study I have been reading 1000 gifts though...such a great book! It has totally changed my outlook on life! I love counting my gifts as well! After Bible study Lindsay and I came home and got Austin and the 3 of us had lunch at Chili's. That evening we had lifegroup. It was good to get back! Although the week we were gone they didn't meet b/c of the snow/ice storm. Its a nice get-away on Tuesday nights. They had mexican night so we had a lot of yummy food. Its also night to get into the Word as a couple.
Wednesday both kids were at school so I had a little mommy time which was nice! My first time alone in quite awhile! I went to Target and got all the stuff for the kids for Valentine's. I got each 2 small toys and Lindsay a book and Colby a movie. Probably too much but I couldn't resist =) That evening we had church. Wednesdays will be long for us but it was good to get back! The kids love going! Colby always enjoys eating dinner with his friends! This semester I am teaching the preschoolers. I am actually excited about being in the classroom. It is a little hard with getting home late and a long day with kids but I love serving in that area and getting to know my little preschoolers even better then just on Sunday mornings. We only had 4 kids this past week but it was a nice number. They were all very well behaved. We had two 2 year olds and two 4 year olds. Lindsay was in there with me. She technically should go to the toddler room but since we only had 3 other kids and I am teaching she did great! I enjoyed having her in there! I am kind of ready for her to promote on sundays b/c she has really matured a lot lately. I think she is ready for a little more structure.
Thursday after bringing Colby to school Lindsay and I met the Stewart's at McDonald's for breakfast. It was nice to just visit with another mom while Lindsay played. We stayed for almost 2 hours! The weather has been so cold lately we haven't had much outdoor time. That night we had no where to be so we just enjoyed a low key quiet night at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment