Saturday, February 1, 2014

Disney Day 2







So on our second day at Disney which was really our first full day we went back to Magic Kingdom. It was cool to go there first since that's what we knew the kids would really enjoy the most. That morning when we arrived there were several characters out in Main Street so we decided to stop and meet Pluto. The kids loved this! It was so neat to stop and enjoy the characters. Lindsay was a little fearful at first of the characters. After stopping to get pictures and autographs we made our way into Adventureland. We were trying to head to a place we hadn't been. Our first stop was Pirates of the Carribean. I am not sure how either kid felt about this ride. I think it scared them both? After that we went ahead to do Jungle Cruise since we were right there. I think they both enjoyed that ride a little more. Lindsay just didn't like the dark rides I guess? We then stopped at Its a Small World and both kids really loved that ride! It was a nice break from all the action! After that we went into Libery Square and did Haunted Mansion. Well I knew Lindsay would HATE that so she stayed out with my parents and we took Colby. He wasn't scared at all...he thought it was silly! After that everyone took took another turn doing Big Thunder Mountain. I stayed with Lindsay and let her play on the playground during this time. Afterwards we took a break for lunch. We ate at Pecos Bill Cafe. It was good but that place is always a nut house! It was crowded and the seating isn't really all that comfie but we managed. Afterwards we headed over to Tomorrowland for our Fast Pass on Space Mountain. We tried to check wait times in Fantasyland at rides like Ariel but they were too long. We went straight to Space Mountain. I wasn't sure if Colby would like it or not but he said he wanted to ride it so we went with it. He ended up LOVING it!! During that time Lindsay fell asleep so my parents found a bench with her. After the rollercoaster Colby saw the rocket ride and wanted to do that! I decided to sit that one out and rest with my parents and Lindsay. It was nice to take a break and get off my feet and just people watch. Lindsay took a nice long nap during all of this. Once they got off the rocket ride we went ahead to do the Toy Story Ride. Another ride Colby really enjoyed! After it was finally time for our Fast Pass at the racecar rides. This was one of his favories when we went when he was 2! He couldn't wait to do them again! Austin rode with Lindsay and I took Colby! He was a much better driver this time!! After the racecars we decided to make our way back into the front of the park. We ended up stopping for a parade. Lindsay loved it so much the first time we figured she would love it again and boy were we right! It was also a nice break for everyone at the time! After the parade we went back to Adventureland to do a few things we missed from that morning. We checked the times on seeing Tinker Bell but it was too long. Austin and Elizabeth took the kids instead to ride the Magic Carpets while Randall and I waited with the stroller. During this time my parents were getting tired so they found a bench close to our restaurant. After the Carpet ride Austin and Randall and Elizabeth took Colby up to the Swiss Family Tree House. I stayed at a bench with Lindsay. I wasn't really feeling doing any more unnecessary walking and I figured she didn't care either way. We enjoyed squirrel watching during that time. Finally it was dinner time. We tried the Liberty Inn Tavern this time. It was our first time there. The food was excellent! The meal was served family style which was really neat! I think this was def one of my favorite meals. We were able to visit and the kids really enjoyed the food as well. Again after dinner we headed back to the hotel. I hated we couldn't stay for fireworks but after a full day we just needed to get the kiddos back to the room for bed! It was another great day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment