Friday, February 20, 2015

Celebrate Good Times...When Mardi Gras and Valentine's Collide

So this past week has felt like one giant celebration! It began last Wednesday when Lindsay had her Valentine's party. This week ofcourse Mardi Gras is in full swing. So today (Friday) the last day before both kids have a break they both have celebrations! Lindsay has her Mardi Gras party and parade. Colby is also having his Valentine's party at school today.
So I enjoyed getting to hang out with my girl Friday at her parade and party. I got there early so I could see her! When I arrived they were making Mardi Gras masks and enjoying their snack. She was so cute with all her friends. My parents also stopped in to see her. We had hoped the parade would be early enough that they could watch but it wasn't. They enjoyed their little party and then went outside. I loved watching her play with all her little friends! She's so social. I don't know if its a difference in girls or boys or just her little personality. I remember at this age Colby had friends but mostly he would just do his own thing I don't ever really remember him hanging out in groups like that. Well finally it was time for their parade. Lindsay's class along with the 2 younger classes sat to watch the parade while the 4s and 5s paraded around the playground. As always it was adorable! Again so many memories! I was able to have this experience with Colby and now her. She had a blast with her little friends and catching beads!
That afternoon we rested and picked up Colby. Our afternoon was short b/c that evening the church had a Mardi Gras night for the kids. I volunteered to help since Austin was in the hotel plus I figured Colby would be more comfortable if I stayed. He had a blast and I had fun getting to see him with his friends. Since I am mostly in preschool I rarely get to do stuff with his age group. They first met in the church to play games. They came over to the fellowship hall about 6:30 to eat. I had been working to get the pizza and kingcake set up in there. After the kids finished they put them into 3 teams to decorate Mardi Gras floats. Colby was put on the yellow team. He had a few friends on that team. Eli, Ella, Ethan, Mackenzie, and a few other kids I think he knew. They worked really hard for about 45 minutes decorating their float! The kids had so much fun and got SO Messy! It was neat just watching them be kids though and enjoy life! After they finally finished decorating it was time for the actual parade! It was neat how the adults rode in the back of these "floats" they threw candy and beads and other Mardi Gras trinkets! I think Colby had a blast! Once the parade was over they went back to the sanctuary for a Bible story. As soon as they finished the story I grabbed Colby and we came home. WE had a great time but it was a long day for everyone! We were all ready for bed that night. My parents stayed here and watched Lindsay so she was still awake when we got in. Needless to say we were all very ready to see our beds that night! Austin was in the hotel too which made it even more tiring!
Saturday the kids and I slept in and took our time getting ready! We were loving the first day of vacation. We did get dressed though and went to my parent's house to make King Cakes. I remember my mom making them when I was little. I had never done this with mine so I thought this year it would be a fun activity. We also enjoyed the time hanging out with my parents. The kids played and had fun helping with the kingcakes. We even got to play outside some. We ate lunch and the kids LOVED decorating the king cakes. We came home and just relaxed that afternoon. I was wiped out after Friday! Austin was in the hotel again that night. The kids and I watched a movie and just enjoyed some down time.
Sunday was church. We missed having austin with us. I taught during first service. It was quite a busy morning we had about 13 kids! It was fun though I love having a full house. We had to grocery shop after church. I hated to do it and I kinda felt crazy doing it but it was better then having to spend Monday morning so we suffered through the crazy! The rest of the afternoon was pretty relaxful!

No comments:

Post a Comment