Thursday, February 12, 2015

Weekend Fun

AHH this weekend was lovely! So Friday night started with our first stay in movie night in about a month! We played outside and watched "Little Rascals". It was soo nice!! After such busyness during the week I just love that low key time with my littles.
Saturday morning we got to sleep in and have a slower paced morning around the house! Again another gift since we don't get that often. We had muffins and grits then got dressed and ready for the Westbank Parade. I really love parade season I just hate we don't get to participate much b/c of Austin's work. Since he was off we wanted this to be a fun family day. The kids were so excited. This was Lindsay's 3rd parade and well Colby's 7th. We went over to my parent's and walked which is the best way to do it. The weather was beautiful! We got a nice shady place on De Gualle and set up our camp. I was soo surprised how much Lindsay got into it. The last 2 years she just pretty much sat in the stroller and observed. She wasn't intimidated and she just truly embraced it! I was so excited and loved seeing that! Colby also gets so into it. He's so serious about it though and takes it from such a different approach then she does! I love that about them! Anyway needless to say they both caught tons and had a blast!! I love my city! I love that all types of people can gather together just to have a good time! I didn't see any negative stuff taking place at all. Everyone was just there to have a good time! We ate lunch with my parents which was nice then we came home to rest. The parade wore us all out I think!
That evening the boys went to the Pelicans Game with my dad. i was happy to stay in with Lindsay. She and I watched a tinker bell movie and just enjoyed the downtime!
Sunday was quite a busy day! This was our first official Sunday to try and do both services. First I taught preschool which was good just busy! We had 11 or so kids. Then we went to second service. I had talked with the kids before about attending church with me or going to their classes. They opted to stay with me. I knew it would be work but I do think its important for them to see how church service works sometimes. Anyway I have to give it to them they did wonderful to have been in church 3 hours at that point. we did leave early but I knew they couldn't handle anymore! We came home to enjoy the rest of our day and relax.
I love weekends and the rest that they bring!
Looking forward to a fairly busy week with new spring activities like Bible study. We also have Mardi Gras parties and Valentine's Parties as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment