Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Family Read Night



Last night we had Family Read Night at colby's school. It was our second one. We just love this night! Austin unfortunately had to miss b/c he had already committed to teaching lifegroup. I invited my dad though since we had an extra dinner and it was crawfish pasta.
We got there at 5:30 when they started serving dinnner. I was very impressed at how yummy the pasta was and that EVEN my kids ate it...even picky Lindsay! They both gobbled it up. We sat and visited with friends and teachers for a bit. I love the family atmosphere of Calvary. I love that Colby gets to see these people 6 days a week! After dinner we went into the Book Fair. I had already purchased the kids a book earlier that day but my dad promised them each one. They got their new books and then we let them run around a bit. We finally went into the church to warm up and some of their friends got there so we stayed in there and looked at our books and they played. It was so sweet to see them having so much fun with their friends Nijel and Mia. The teachers put on a little play that was really adorable. It was Under the Sea...so cute!
This week they are really emphasizing reading and doing some really fun and cute things! Monday the teachers dressed up like their favorite book character, they had a hallway decorating contest, and Friday is Dr. Seuss day!!

Again Colby is just really loving school and thriving! We are continued to be blessed by Calvary. We love his new teacher Mrs. Cheffer and I think she is really clicking with the students and they are learning so much!! I cannot believe the year is almost 3/4 over though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment