Thursday, February 5, 2015

Weekend Fun and a Time to Rest

I was so happy to see the weekend come last week! It was a busy week full of school, homework, meetings, church stuff, kid stuff, playdates! It was all great but by Friday evening I was over it!
Friday Lindsay had parent teacher conferences. I was happy to hear she is doing wonderfully in Mrs. Abby's class. Colby also had a wonderful report at 3. Basically her teacher said she is really coming out of her shell, she speaks very well, she knows her numbers, shapes, letters, etc. She said she's great with sharing and very empathetic when it comes to her little friends. She said she's easy to get along with and follows directions wonderfully. I was so glad to hear she is so sweet and doing so well. She is the youngest in her class and at first I worried a little she would be way behind the others. Last year I also felt like she had quite the reputation. Not that she wasn't liked but she cried a lot, put things in her mouth, threw things, could pitch fits, etc. Its amazing how much she grew up! Anyway so after her conference I had a coffee meeting with 2 ladies about our upcoming Bible study. I am co-leading the study. I am very excited about this opportunity. We met to discuss logistics and just make sure we are all on the same page. Little did I know though the meeting would last 2 hrs! So by the time I picked Lindsay up we had basically missed our entire naptime. Needless to say I was a little cranky. So I picked Colby up and brought the kids home and told them we were going to wind down for a bit. I put on a movie and closed my eyes. I had to save my sanity!
That evening we went to the Pelicans Game. The school had Calvary night at the Pelicans and it was a Cubscouts field trip as well. The kids had a blast! I have to admit I was dreading it due to the busy week but we ended up having a great time! The kids enjoyed seeing friends and just the overall atmosphere of the game. We left after the 3rd Quarter and still had a late night though.
Saturday thankfully we had no plans! I sorta declared it a day of rest. Its truly rare where we don't leave the house at all on any given day but I knew we needed it. Austin and Colby did run a couple errands like haircut and grocery but other then that we were home. It truly was a restful day. We did a little housework but mostly just rested and enjoyed being at home. We grilled steaks that night and had a lovely family dinner.
Sunday was church day. I am now on a teaching every week. This week due to the SuperBowl we didn't stay for both services. We will only do this on a week by week basis. My goal is to attend second service twice a month. Our class went well and I truly do love teaching. We had about 8 kids. I also love seeing Lindsay learn and interact with her friends! Funny Story: We were making these sheep b/c the story was about the lost sheep and I was going on about how cute the sheep were and they were going to fuzzy and what not well this little boy Jacob looks up and says "Mrs. Rachel they really aren't that cute!" Ha he's one of our older ones and I can tell those 5 year olds are about ready to promote. I will miss them so much but they are about ready for that next level. That afternoon we rested then went to our Superbowl Party for lifegroup. We decided to bring the kids to the Superbowl Party. We don't usually bring them on Tuesdays during the school year. I figured this started an hour earlier and there was no homework or anything on a Sunday evening plus they LOVE going and playing with all the kids. I was proud of how well both did. Colby plays really well with Jacob who is 5 and Lindsay just loves all their little Petshop toys. Although she did end up pooping on herself and we had no spare clothes !! AHH this girl! It ended up being ok though we got her cleaned up and she went pantyless and all was fine! We stayed until after halftime before heading home. It was a great night and a fun time just to hang out with all our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment