Friday, January 30, 2015

Life with Lindsay

So I always enjoy Tuesdays and Thursdays b/c they mean days I get to spend with Lindsay! This week on Tuesday we really didn't have any set plans until the day of and it ended up being quite a busy morning but we got to hang out together so it was fun! We first went to Target after dropping Colby off. I try to squeeze in most of my shopping when they are both in school but sometimes that just doesn't always happen but atleast only bringing one child is a lot easier! Afterwards we were going to her school b/c they were having the firefighters come and do a presentation and they brought the firetruck. I was glad her teacher invited us since Lindsay doesn't normally go on Tuesdays. We had a good time. I just always enjoy seeing my kids in action at their schools. She had a few minutes to play in the classroom with her friends while they were setting up. They first went into a classroom to hear a presentation from the firefighters. I am glad they get to hear this stuff and get exposed to it early on even though I feel like most of the presentation was well over Linday's head. The 4 and 5 year olds were really into it but I am not sure how much the 3 year olds got it! They enjoyed it though b/c the firemen made it very fun and entertaining.
That lasted about 25 minutes then they got to go outside and see the firetruck. Out there one of the guys put on all the gear and showed them that even though it looks a little scary its ok b/c he's there to help. They were able to climb on the firetruck also. I think Lindsay had a lot of fun even though she's not quite as into firetrucks and that type of stuff as Colby was. It was quite a fun morning. We also had to stop and meet with Laekan briefly about the upcoming Children's Meeting. I love that Lindsay gets to do ministry with me. A lot of people would see it as a burden that she is my shadow and I have to often bring her to those things but I love that she gets to see that part of my life and I pray that one day she will want to devote her self to sharing the Gospel in whatever shape or form.
So Thursday she and I also had a chance to hang out! We met her little friend Claire and her mom at the park! I am enjoying getting to know them. They are new to the city. Claire is a complete joy and sweetheart! I don't feel like Lindsay gets quite as many playdates as maybe Colby did but now that she is getting older I want to try to make them happen. The girls had a blast at the park. We stayed for about 2 hours. We were able to visit a lot while they played which was nice. Lindsay got filthy and even busted her lip but she had a blast anyway!
I really treasure my days with her b/c I know too soon she will be off at school full day! I love our girl play days!

No comments:

Post a Comment