Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years 2015

Wednesday was New Years Eve. Colby had spent the night before with my parents so Lindsay and I enjoyed a quiet morning before going to pick him up. We even made a trip to PJs' for our coffee and bread ;) We got him and I gave the kids a few choices of where we could go. We ended up going to Barnes and Noble. I really didn't want to buy new books but I always hate to turn down a trip to the bookstore! Needless to say we left with about 4 books. We had to also make a quick stop at the grocery.
We were in the rest of the day seeing how it was already getting crazy out! That evening Austin got home early enough to do fireworks with us! So glad we got to do that! We popped them around 6 right as it was getting dark. We have yet to let our kids stay up until midnight! I just don't think its necessary right now! Maybe if Austin wasn't working and we were at a party then maybe but right now we will save that for when they are older. We did however let them stay up later then normal with us to watch the Orange Bowl. That was exciting enough for them!

New Years Day...Thursday. It was nice to sleep in and have a slower paced morning! Wow I am going to miss those when the kids start back to school. We had a nice breakfast and just hung out for awhile. The kids watched the Polar Express while I got dressed and ready. We went over to my parent's house about 10:30. I always like to get the kids there early before it starts to get busy. This year we had Mrs. Doris, Mrs. Eva, Janet, Henry, Randall, Elizabeth, myself, the kids, and my mom and dad. The kids were definitely entertained and played really well. I find holidays so much more relaxing now. I don't make Lindsay take naps anymore either b/c really she is fine without them especially a day here and there. Its just nice b/c they are independent and can play and I can enjoy the adult company. Once we got home I was wiped out. I guess the staying up late and just continued business the last week. We've had so many family gatherings. Don't get me wrong I love them all but it will be nice to have a break for a bit. The heavy eating and sitting around just tires me out haha!

Anyway we are excited about the new year! So far any big changes include Colby starting with a new teacher. A little excited and a little nervous about that! 2014 was a really good year. Lindsay went from 2-3. She went from still a toddler baby to a full blown little girl. She's in her first year of preschool and loving it! Colby went from 5-6. He's halfway through 1st grade and reading really well. Austin started a new job about 3 weeks ago and we celebrated 10 years of marriage! So much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment