Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cold & Dreary Days

So this week has been full of cold and cloudy days. I don't mind so much b/c honestly it has given us the time to slow down and rest. I have learned to be thankful for all seasons. I think God gives us January as a month of quiet, rest, and reflection. The fall is so busy and then comes the holidays that there isn't much time for that. I love that our church sees this opportunity as well and takes breaks from most activities. Other then school our life has been pretty quiet. Which is nice. Its been nice to get the kids re-adjusted to school without a full plate of other activities.
This week I have spent a TON of time at home. Yes I look forward to sunny days and getting out again with my littles but I am thankful for the quiet time I have had. I have also had a lot of quiet time while my littles are back in school and my parents have been keeping Lindsay on Tuesdays.
My only "social" activity other then church Sunday was a lunch  meeting with Laekan on Tuesday. We discussed upcoming changes and things in the preschool.
Thursdays are my play days with Lindsay. I love our quiet days of just her and I. Yes I miss Colby and I do miss my quiet days with him too but I am thankful I get these days with just her. Typically Thursdays would be our day to go do something fun but today with temps in the 40s and rain coming home seemed like a better idea. She also likes to play at home unlike her big bro. She doesn't "need" to get out every day. She is content playing with her toys. We also did some painting today. I tried to get her to do school work with me but she wasn't feeling that. We did talk about inside/outside though. I have a phonics book that was too easy for Colby so I figured I would start with her. It begins with vocabulary words like that. Anyway she seemed to get the point =)
She's also talking about forest animals at school so we discussed that too. We are going to take a hike this weekend with cubscouts so that'll be good for her too. I also might try to find some interesting books for her.
Anyway tonight we have Cubscouts so it'll be good to get out and get some people interaction =) Thankful tomorrow is Friday and we have a long weekend as well! Be back with a post about that! Looking forward to some pretty days this weekend so we can get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment