Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Break Cont.

Since the kids and I had a free day on Tuesday we decided to go to a local park. We hadn't been to this particular one in awhile but its always been one of their favorites. We met a friend and her 3 year old daughter out there. We stayed almost 2 hours. The kids had so much fun! It was cold though...I think if it hadn't been so cold we would have stayed even longer. The kids were just having so much fun! I was glad that they got to run around and get some exercise. Yesterday was kind of a lazy day so they needed that!
Afterwards I took them to lunch. We really wanted to do Chickfila but the one in Metairie was crazy...we ended up at McAlister's. It was a little crazy there too especially me being alone with both kids but it worked out well. They are both old enough for us to do fun stuff like that. Tonight Colby is spending the night with my parents so I am looking forward to some girl time.
Wednesday was New Years Eve...see seperate post
Thursday was New Years Day...see seperate post
Friday our last week day off from school. We made plans to go see a movie with Nijel and his mom and sister. We saw Annie. It was really cute! I think the kids all had fun. Colby got bored at times but I think Lindsay LOVED it! It was nice to see them and just have a calm activity like that. The rest of the day will be really low key. I am still tired from New Years Eve and need to do some housework.
Saturday we had a Stay at home day which we rarely ever do. It was our first one in quite awhile. I have to say the kids were really good though. We had their friends Nijel and Mia come over around 10 and they stayed until about 12:30. The kids all played really well together. Its so neat them having a brother/sister friend like that! The rest of the day was pretty lazy for us. By the end I felt pretty useless but I guess we all need days like that. I feel pretty well rested from this Holiday...in fact maybe too rested =). It was nice though I will remember this feeling in a month or two when we are stressed and tired again!
Sunday Austin was off and we had church. I was teaching again. It was good to e back. After missing last week I really missed the kids. We had 8 or 9 I think. I think both kids were excited to be back with friends! Afterwards we ate at BWW. Looking forward to our last family afternoon. We will get Christmas stuff done and work on getting everyone geared up for tomorrow! I cannot believe this is the close of Christmas break! Its been a great one! We've done parks, eating out, friends, church, small trip to MS, many family gatherings! Its been great! I love their ages of 6 and 3! I know next one will be here before we know it! Look for a post later about our week back to a routine! Especially how things go with Colby and his new teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment